Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn: Mel Kiper :Why Andre Smith wont fall past #13(does not include article)

x96bryan10

he was a totally dominating tackle that beat every player he lined up against.

Not Robert Ayers, who everyone and their mother on this board finds some reason or another to marginalize. I sense some sort of entitilement with this guy and it bothers me. The Raiders will take him anyway in all likelihood. I'll take Oher happily.

Not Robert Ayers, who everyone and their mother on this board finds some reason or another to marginalize. I sense some sort of entitilement with this guy and it bothers me. The Raiders will take him anyway in all likelihood. I'll take Oher happily.

I'd take Oher over Smith any day off the week. Oher has the frame and potential to be a high quality LT in the NFL; someone who could start at RT and, if he reaches his potential, take over LT for Samuels in a year or two. Smith just doesn't have the body type. He is more of a prototypical RT or even Guard in the NFL. He is quick for his size but not enough to be able to take on elite NFL edge rushers.

EDIT: "any day off" must have been a Freudian slip. I'm at work today. :silly::(

I'd take Oher over Smith any day off the week. Oher has the frame and potential to be a high quality LT in the NFL; someone who could start at RT and, if he reaches his potential, take over LT for Samuels in a year or two. Smith just doesn't have the body type. He is more of a prototypical RT or even Guard in the NFL. He is quick for his size but not enough to be able to take on elite NFL edge rushers.

Absolutely agree with you tim - go figure ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I agree. Andre Smith wasn't an an average or pretty good tackle in college.

he was a totally dominating tackle that beat every player he lined up against.

I think he's more RT then LT, but there are starting to be many great left ends in the league that can rush the passer.

drafting Andre Smith will allow us to not keep a TE back to block or a RB and it will open up the passing game.

Except Robert Ayers

Archived