Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would Haynesworth have come to the Skins if Williams were still the DC?

mistertim

Just a thought after seeing the presser and watching Big Al's interview with Larry Michael. One of the things he mentioned in both instances is wanting to play somewhere that would utilize his talents the same way the Titans did; basically letting him go and just wreak havoc as opposed to playing a strict or controlled role. Apparently Blache is fine with letting him loose to do what he does best (which I completely agree with). However, we all know that GW was very much about his scheme and wanted players to do specific things and play certain roles. If GW were still here and our DC do you think Haynesworth would have agreed to come here if he didn't think Williams would allow him to do what he does best?

^ don't get your panties in a bunch....simple question with a simple answer would do fine

and yes i do believe he would still have come here because with the Titans he pretty much played any role a DT would. No scheme would control how a DT plays...what are they going to do tell him that he can't pass rush, isn't allowed to tackle, or that he is strictly a coverage guy? No matter the team, a DT's job is to stop the run and collapse the pocket...he does both.

^ don't get your panties in a bunch....simple question with a simple answer would do fine

and yes i do believe he would still have come here because with the Titans he pretty much played any role a DT would. No scheme would control how a DT plays...what are they going to do tell him that he can't pass rush or anything?

I think that's true to a point. But I think GW did like to try doing lots of tricky specific plays with stunts, etc as opposed to just letting guys loose. Even Andre Carter a couple of years ago, after he started getting sacks, said something to the effect of GW finally letting guys loose.

You yobos need to get some sleep, the guy has a legit question and thread.

To answer the question, I don't see why not. Haynesworth would have fit as well in GW's scheme as he would in Blache's

I'd think that's probably true. A guy like that I think even GW wouldn't say "no, you have to do this specific thing".

Oh and thanks for the defense. I didn't think the thread would hit any nerves or anything. :silly:

Interesting thought mistertim.

The way GW loved to blitz, I don't see why Haynesworth wouldn't of seen himself flourishing under him. But who knows, maybe's GW's scheme would of been too regimented for him. But hey, I think I'm on safe ground to say.....

..... I can think of 100 million reasons why he wouldn't of had a problem playing for whomever here. ;)

Hail.

You yobos need to get some sleep, the guy has a legit question and thread.

To answer the question, I don't see why not. Haynesworth would have fit as well in GW's scheme as he would in Blache's

I agree. I think that he would actually be more eager to come to DC. GW ran a little more aggressive scheme than Blache typically does.

and yes i do believe he would still have come here because with the Titans he pretty much played any role a DT would. No scheme would control how a DT plays...what are they going to do tell him that he can't pass rush, isn't allowed to tackle, or that he is strictly a coverage guy? No matter the team, a DT's job is to stop the run and collapse the pocket...he does both.

Williams was big on guys strictly following his scheme actually, especially from the d-line perspective.

Just out of my own personal curiosity, where did Blache say that he will let Haynesworth play to his own freedom like he did in Tennessee?

Archived