Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eric Schaffer Appreciation Thread!

JeepRyder

For goodness sakes already...enough with the "appreciation threads." How but they appreciate us for sticking with the team through the last 10 years of embarrassment. Enough already. I'd appreciate some responsible management, some ethical spending and not treating the NFL like a poker game.

For goodness sakes already...enough with the "appreciation threads." How but they appreciate us for sticking with the team through the last 10 years of embarrassment. Enough already. I'd appreciate some responsible management, some ethical spending and not treating the NFL like a poker game.

of all the people who DO deserve a thread like this, our cap guy def does.

even if 2010 is capped, the salary cap is bound to jump up substantially like it did during the 2006 offseason (I think there was a 15-20 million increase that offseason after they made the now removed new CBA).

I think either way we should be fine.

If the uncapped year happens which is the gamble, he and Danny will be brilliant because they will be able to write off all the sick guarantees of Al and Hall in that year and perhaps Rogers if we give him a 20mil signing bonus or something sick...then when cap is back their yearly salaries will be like 8 mil per which will pale in comparison to new FA deals.....if the uncapped year happens....they are GODS

Bingo :)

I know he is our capologist, but who is this guy? Has anyone every seen him? How long has he been with us? Where did he come from? He is like the great wizard of oz....wonder if he has a bio in the skins media guide or something...Man must work 365 days a year without all the contract restructuring he does. As i crack open this beer Im toasting to him as we speak.

If the uncapped year happens which is the gamble, he and Danny will be brilliant because they will be able to write off all the sick guarantees of Al and Hall in that year and perhaps Rogers if we give him a 20mil signing bonus or something sick...then when cap is back their yearly salaries will be like 8 mil per which will pale in comparison to new FA deals.....if the uncapped year happens....they are GODS

I think there is a rule about paying a player above a certain percentage of a long contract in one season.

Archived