Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big shock: looks like 9/11 was perpetrated by Islamic militants after all...

Larry Brown #43

Look at this quote from al Zawahri in a tape he reportedly just released to al Jazeera: "Consider your 19 brothers who attacked America in Washington and New York with their planes as an example" Oh, those wacky Israelis are at it again! :rolleyes:

Purported Bin Laden Aide, in Audiotape, Urges New Attacks

Wednesday, May 21, 2003

A man purporting to be Usama bin Laden's right-hand man, Ayman al-Zawahri (search ), urged ongoing attacks on America and its allies in an audiotape broadcast Wednesday.

The voice encouraged Muslims to attack embassies and other interests of the United States, Britain, Australia, Norway and other U.S. allies.

The tape, aired on the Arabic satellite TV network Al-Jazeera (search ), has not been authenticated by any source, and there is no information as to where it came from.

U.S. officials told Fox News that at first glance, the voice seems to be that of al-Zawahri. They were going to analyze the tape and compare it to other tapes of his voice.

Officials said they are concerned about the timing of this tape and worried that it could possibly trigger an event.

Recordings of tapes made by bin Laden have often been followed by terrorist activities.

The new recording appears to have been made in the early days of the U.S.-led war on Iraq, Reuters reported. On the tape, "Al-Zawahri" exhorts Muslims to strike at the missions and commercial interests of America and its allies and "turn the ground beneath their feet into an inferno."

Britain was the United States' main partner in the war on Iraq, and Australia contributed troops. Norway did not take part in the fighting, but America considers Norway a good friend and ally -- and the Norwegian prime minister said recently he will work on asking France to be more flexible with U.S. demands on postwar Iraq.

Al-Zawahri, the No. 2 official in the Al Qaeda (search ) terror network, is an Egyptian eye doctor. He would likely be the one to succeed bin Laden as head of Al Qaeda if bin Laden were captured or killed. He founded a militant group that tried to topple the Egyptian government in the 1990s.

Directing some comments to Iraqis, Al-Zawahri told them they are not alone in fighting what he called the U.S. occupation, according to a Reuters translation. He urged Muslims to intensify their jihad, or holy war, against Americans and Jews.

Referring to the Sept. 11 attacks that brought down the World Trade Center, he said:

"The crusaders and the Jews only understand the language of the murder, bloodshed and of the burning towers.... Carry arms against your enemies, the Americans the Jews.

"Consider your 19 brothers who attacked America in Washington and New York with their planes as an example," the man said in a strong voice.

The voice was similar to al-Zawahri's, based on previous audio- and videotapes attributed to the Egyptian militant. Al-Jazeera has in the past aired tapes of bin Laden, al-Zawahri and other Al Qaeda figures.

Al-Jazeera said it would air the entire 3-minute tape later Wednesday.

Al-Jazeera chief editor Ibrahim Hilal told The Associated Press that the station received the tape Tuesday night, but would not say how.

"The quality is not very good. It's an 11-minute tape and we've aired the most significant and the newsworthy parts," Hilal said.

The broadcasting of the tape comes soon after three Moroccans were arrested in Jiddah, Saudi Arabia, as they were trying to hijack a civilian airliner, a Saudi security source said Wednesday.

Saudi officials said they believe the Moroccans, who had tickets to board a flight to Khartoum, Sudan, planned to hijack the plane and crash it into a high-rise building in Jiddah, replicating the Sept. 11 attacks.

"They were planning a suicide hijack to attack Saudi landmarks," a source told Reuters, adding the men were arrested at Jiddah airport Monday. Saudi Arabia went on a heightened state of alert Tuesday as U.S. and Saudi authorities warned that attacks appeared imminent.

The tape also comes on the heels of two FBI bulletins warning Americans that the recent attacks overseas may be a prelude to an attack on U.S. soil or against U.S. and other Western interests abroad.

A bulletin issued Friday said Al Qaeda "likely" may be planning attacks against American and Western targets and "attacks in the U.S. cannot be ruled out."

The Department of Homeland Security subsequently on Tuesday raised the nation's terror alert to orange, or "high."

Al Qaeda has been blamed for the Sept. 11 attacks, as well as the three homicide bombings in Riyadh last week that killed 25 people, mainly foreigners, and the nine homicide bombers.

In the tape aired Wednesday, the speaker lashed out at Arab leaders for offering "airports and the facilities" to allied troops, an apparent reference to the U.S.-led war on Iraq.

"Here is Saudi Arabia, where planes are launched from their airports, from its lands. Here is Kuwait, where the heavy armies march from its lands," the speaker said.

"Here is Qatar, where the command of the campaign is based there. Here is Bahrain, the command of the (U.S. Navy) Fifth Fleet remains inside it. Here is Egypt, the marine ships pass through its canal. Here is Yemen, the crusader ships are provided with fuel. Here is Jordan, where the crusader troops are present, and the batteries of the Patriot missiles are erected there to protect Israel."

The last public statement attributed to al-Zawahri was in February, in an online militant newsletter. That statement called on Muslims to respond to oppression with violence.

Al-Jazeera in February broadcast a purported bin Laden audiotape in which a speaker called on Iraqis to carry out homicide attacks against Americans and defend themselves against a U.S. attack. The speaker called on Muslims to rise up against Jordan, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Yemen, "regimes who are slaves of America." U.S. counterterrorism officials in Washington said then that the audio message was probably a real recording of bin Laden.

Last October, Al-Jazeera broadcast the alleged voice of al-Zawahri speaking on the anniversary of the U.S.-led war in Afghanistan. A U.S. official said then that the tape, in which al-Zawahri threatens new attacks on the United States, appeared to have been recorded within weeks of its appearance and appeared to have been genuine.

The whereabouts of al-Zawahri and bin Laden have been unclear since the U.S.-led war on Afghanistan dislodged Al Qaeda from that country.

U.S. intelligence officials have cited a tape that appeared in November as an indication bin Laden survived heavy U.S. bombing of his Afghan hideout after the Sept. 11 attacks and probably is with al-Zawahri in the mountains along the Afghan-Pakistani border.

FBI Director Robert Mueller said Wednesday in a television interview that Al Qaeda is "on the run" and that authorities believe that bin Laden "is still out there. I think there's some concern about what kind of control he has over the people."

Fox News' Bret Baier and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Originally posted by Larry Brown #43

Truth be told, it was actually a twisted plot hatched by Ariel Sharon and his evil henchman Kim Helton. Right ASF? :silly:

Shhh. That's revealed in the sequel. :)

By the way, I've never suggested the 9/11 attacks were executed by anyone other than 19 Islamic militants. So this is a bit of a straw man you're knocking down.

My specific doubt centers on the role of Osama bin Laden: whether we can prove his involvement, and if we can, whether he was acting alone (without the support of non-Islamic governments). So far there has been only one piece of public evidence linking bin Laden -- the video, which itself was "discovered" months after the government declared bin Laden the mastermind. The video's audio track is poor; the audio itself is subject to manipulation (think dubbed movies); and the official translation has been asserted to inaccurate and "misleading" according to a German study.

If this is all the administration's got on bin Laden for 9/11, the entire post-9/11 campaign is based on a castle of assumptions and a single piece of easily fabricated evidence. If the administration has conclusive evidence linking bin Laden, why not present it?

I always approached 9/11 fundamentally as a criminal investigation. So what bothers me is the lack of public evidence pinpointing bin Laden acting as mastermind, and the abundance of contrary clues suggesting a coverup and suppression of other investigative leads.

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

I've never suggested the 9/11 attacks were executed by anyone other than 19 Islamic militants. So this is a bit of a straw man you're knocking down.

Sure, but you think these Islamic militants were duped into a U.S.-Israeli plot, as you indicated in this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27167

9/11 was a joint U.S.-Israeli operation, probably directed by some members of PNAC (Paul Wolfowitz being the most likely mastermind), with logistical operations directed by Mossad, and the actual attacks performed by duped anti-American Islamic militants.

That's a leading theory for which I've found plausible motivations and circumstantial support, yes. Careful on your quote, which out of context implies I state it as fact.

You don't state it as fact, but you do say that it is your theory. In other words, you believe it to be fact.

Originally posted by redman

By the way, ASF, it was recently discovered where the road of anti-Semitism led to, and it wasn't pretty:

That's cute, redman. It's also the same smear Israel trotted out as a failed defense of the Lavon Affair that brought down Israel's founding Ben-Gurion government:

In 1954, Israeli agents working in Egypt planted bombs in several buildings, including a United States diplomatic facility, and left evidence behind implicating Arabs as the culprits. The ruse would have worked, had not one of the bombs detonated prematurely, allowing the Egyptians to capture and identify one of the bombers, which in turn led to the round up of an Israeli spy ring. Some of the spies were from Israel, while others were recruited fro the local Jewish population. Israel responded to the scandal with claims in the media that there was no spy ring, that it was all a hoax perpetrated by "anti-Semites". But as the public trial progressed, it was evidence that Israel had indeed been behind the bombing. Eventually, Israeli's Defense Minister Pinhas Lavon was brought down by the scandal, although it appears that he was himself the victim of a frame-up by the real authors of the bombing project, code named "Operation Susannah."

It is therefore a fact that Israel has a prior history of setting off bombs with the intent to blame Arabs for them.

redman, your insinuation that my argument is anti-Semitic is an insult to Jews, not to me. I'm able to distinguish Jewish people from the actions of the government of Israel. I have no quarrel with Jewish people, just as I have no quarrel with "Americans" when I suspect complicity of members of the U.S. government.

I've also got documentation on mountains of past affairs implicating the U.S. and Israeli governments in truly nasty operations. If you think people in power in these governments shrink from the worst possible means to their ends, you're living a fairy tale.

I believe in following open investigations, wherever they may lead. If you think I'm somehow thrilled to suspect U.S.-Israeli involvement, you must think I want to destroy my own country. I don't. I just want to find the ****s who unleashed 9/11 and hang them. I don't care which country they work for. But I do care about finding the right ****s, not just the most convenient ****s.

Archived