Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keep Your Focus on 2009! Avoid Misdirection!

armada58

Albert Haynesworth was a great addition. Keeping Hall was the right move as well as cutting Springs. These additions should be approched by Redskins Fans with a cool head and cautious optimism. We upgraded our defense. You simply can't argue otherwise. We hope that these signings take a defense that was already ranked 4th in the NFL yet lacking in the "Game Changing Plays" category and makes it better.

There in lies the exact point of my thread, though. Our defense, while it has improved and I am psyched about it, didn't have a large gap to close to be viewed as one of the best in the league. It just needed to improve the pass rush............... and it did.

We're all thinking about and talking about Big Al and Hall and how good our defense can be. While the mediots are falling over themselves to rip Snyder and write cliche articles about Snyder doing his best "Groundhog Day" impression. While all of this is going on, I find myself coming back to the most important things that need to happen for us to get over the hump in 2009. None of which have to do with Haynesworth or Hall or Springs.

Lets not lose focus on the fact that The Redskins biggest need is for our O-Line to improve, for Campbell to continue to improve and for Thomas & Kelly to fulfill their promise. If our defense improves from #4 to #1 and becomes elite, great. Our offense, though, is the one that needs to take the biggest step.

So, while we should be very cautiously happy about Haynesworth and our D, don't lose focus on the real needs of this team.

Go Skins. Hats off on addressing the Defensive needs. Now lets take care of the other side of the line of scrimmage.

PFT just reported that jason brown doesnt wanna play for the rams, and theyre the only team offering him 7 mil. if hes willing to take a bit of a paycut, we need to sign this dude.
Brown is a true guard right? I believe he played center for the Ravens last year but his natural position is guard right? I think RT is a bigger need than guard. Is Brown better than Dock?

Defense was not the issue last year and I belive we need to add decent depth on the defensive side still but we must upgrade the O-line asap and we could use another solid reciever while Thomas and Kelly continue to develop.

Albert Haynesworth was a great addition. Keeping Hall was the right move as well as cutting Springs. These additions should be approched by Redskins Fans with a cool head and cautious optimism. We upgraded our defense. You simply can't argue otherwise. We hope that these signings take a defense that was already ranked 4th in the NFL yet lacking in the "Game Changing Plays" category and makes it better.

There in lies the exact point of my thread, though. Our defense, while it has improved and I am psyched about it, didn't have a large gap to close to be viewed as one of the best in the league. It just needed to improve the pass rush............... and it did.

We're all thinking about and talking about Big Al and Hall and how good our defense can be. While the mediots are falling over themselves to rip Snyder and write cliche articles about Snyder doing his best "Groundhog Day" impression. While all of this is going on, I find myself coming back to the most important things that need to happen for us to get over the hump in 2009. None of which have to do with Haynesworth or Hall or Springs.

Lets not lose focus on the fact that The Redskins biggest need is for our O-Line to improve, for Campbell to continue to improve and for Thomas & Kelly to fulfill their promise. If our defense improves from #4 to #1 and becomes elite, great. Our offense, though, is the one that needs to take the biggest step.

So, while we should be very cautiously happy about Haynesworth and our D, don't lose focus on the real needs of this team.

Go Skins. Hats off on addressing the Defensive needs. Now lets take care of the other side of the line of scrimmage.

Amen. And I think we can get this done without too much difficulty: we need to sign one or two value OL FA's and either spend our first rounder on an OT or trade back and pick up another couple.

Brown is a true guard right? I believe he played center for the Ravens last year but his natural position is guard right? I think RT is a bigger need than guard. Is Brown better than Dock?

Defense was not the issue last year and I belive we need to add decent depth on the defensive side still but we must upgrade the O-line asap and we could use another solid reciever while Thomas and Kelly continue to develop.

Brown can play guard and center, so that is a bigger plus i'm assuming.

I agree, the more I think about it. Yes we were 4th, but if we'd produced at the same level with the exact same guys this next year we could be further down the curve. remember Under Grwilliams when we were like top 5? What happened next year? Regression. So I love this move. If the Defense gets off the field more, they stay fresh, force the other team to take more risks, and gives our O more time to get into a rhythm. I honestly think if we had more chances last year we'd have scored more points. I love the move. Plus, let's not forget that two years now a Dominating defense one the Super Bowl. Every Owner and GM knows it, so because of that I'd expect all teams to be pushing that way. If we stay pat we regress. I like the foreward thinking, and now Hall and Haynesworth are locked up long term. Carter McIntosh, and Landry will be here a while more too. Man if we only still had Sean Taylor, how sick would this be? :/

Also Found this somewhere, if you look at the year AH was drafted:

"Consider that in the 2002 draft, Haynesworth was selected 15th overall in the first round by Tennessee. That meant 14 players were deemed better than him by the teams that selected prior. The choices, in order: David Carr, Houston; Julius Peppers, Carolina; Joey Harrington, Detroit; Mike Williams; Buffalo; Quentin Jammer, San Diego; Ryan Sims, Kansas City; Bryant McKinnie, Minnesota; Roy Williams, Dallas; John Henderson, Jacksonville; Levi Jones, Cincinnati; Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis; Wendell Bryant, Arizona; Donte Stallworth, New Orleans; Jeremy Schockey, Giants."

Wow Consider those names, of them who do you think was worth it?

Maybe Peppers and Freeney..> Laugh at Dallas choosing Roy Williams (Safety) Over him, Stallworth and Shockey were okay too I imagine.... interesting

Several of those Guys I dare say are out of the league or backups now.

Archived