Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NASCAR Weekly News (Fontana)

SkinsBry

Busch is on a roll, i wonder if he wil run out of gass running all of those races.

Not many people at the race, pretty sad really.

Agreed. Nationwide races are so cheap to go to that if you're going to the Cup race on sunday you might as well get an appetizer on saturday. It's a shame but hopefully tommorrow will be packed.

I've always been a bit unsure about Busch driving in all three series. I could understand nationwide and sprint, but to tack on craftsman has gotta be really draining every weekend.

I hope he pulls through tommorrow, though. Logano really picked it up near the end there. Holding off Edwards like that was pretty impressive. He should be very proud to get 3rd place.

A serious "Nationwide" racecar driver. The kid has a LOT to learn in the Sprint Cup series.

All of the hype around Logano reminds me of the way it was for Kahne. Everybody thought he would have at least 2 Cups by now. They called him the next Gordon. It has not panned out like that.

Logano will soon start to feel the pressure of having to fill Tony's shoes at JGR, and the pressure of having to get a win. Good luck Logano but i think you have a hard road ahead of you.

I was looking at the picks thread, and I noticed that none of the Roush fans picked Jamie McMurray. I can see the difficulty in having to choose between Edwards, Kenseth, and even The Biff. However, McMurray was third fastest in Happy Hour and will be starting up front since Vickers changed engines.

I know it doesn't count for anything, but I'm naming McMurray my Dark Horse pick for today's race.

All of the hype around Logano reminds me of the way it was for Kahne. Everybody thought he would have at least 2 Cups by now. They called him the next Gordon. It has not panned out like that.

Logano will soon start to feel the pressure of having to fill Tony's shoes at JGR, and the pressure of having to get a win. Good luck Logano but i think you have a hard road ahead of you.

Before Kahne it was Sorenson. They had him so hyped up at 18 that we was going to have more titles than Petty. Funny that now he drives for Petty and so does Kasey Kahne.

I was looking at the picks thread, and I noticed that none of the Roush fans picked Jamie McMurray. I can see the difficulty in having to choose between Edwards, Kenseth, and even The Biff. However, McMurray was third fastest in Happy Hour and will be starting up front since Vickers changed engines.

I know it doesn't count for anything, but I'm naming McMurray my Dark Horse pick for today's race.

I don't give McMurray much chance of winning today. Sure, he will probably run good. And maybe a Top 10. But not the victory. Historically, this isn't that great a track for Jamie. Hasn't had a Top 10 finish here since Feb. 2006.

Edwards, Kenseth and Biffle are probably all better selections today than McMurray. All have won here. And, like McMurray, all did well in Happy Hour.

With that said, im a fan of McMurray's. I really want him to do well each week. He seems like a stand up guy. Its a shame he's probably gonna be looking for another ride next year, when Nascar goes to only 4 teams per owner. He's basically auditioning for a big-time ride for '10.

He raced this weekend in the NNS race in Fontana, but if I remember correctly from his interview, it's not a full-time ride.

Thats what I meant. My fault. Not a full time ride. He gets a race here and there in Nationwide and Camping World races but yeah, he was called the "Next Jeff Gordon" for Evernham and that 19 car.

Micahel Waltrip 42nd? I am changing my pick ASAP. I might not know a lot about NASCAR, but I am pretty sure if you are starting 42nd your chances are slim.

If your pick is ever Waltrip, no matter where he is starting, you should probably change it. Him winning any race is slim, haha

Archived