Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly.com: Eagles' Jim Johnson Fighting Cancer

Big Weirdo

Man that does suck. I have always feared, respected and even at times despised Jim and his schemes but he is a good and decent man from what I have seen (I lived outside of philly for 11 years). Football falls right into its proper place when stuff like this comes down. He's in my prayers.

Agreed. Very well said, Brotherz.

Man I hate the Eagles and there fans.

But boy do I respect Jim Johnson! I think he is an absolute monster at what he does and I think his loyalty to Philly is something us fans all wish we had with our teams coaches/players.

I pray he beats this, but the spine scares me. My prayers are with him and hopefully he goes 2-0 against the worst enemy to humans!

ditto ...

god knows I don't know anything about the guy except that I LOVE WATCHING HIS D ....man. real tough.

Unfortunately this is a terminal diagnosis. The five year survival with metestatic melanoma is less than 10% and of that 10% no one is alive without disease. He should certainly try to enjoy the rest of his time. The radiation is palliative only, not curative. He has been a respected opponent of the redkins and the NFL. I certaiinly wish him well.

Wow....just wow.....such sad news for a good coach but a better man. I pray he gets better soon, not for the Eagles, but for his family.

That's terrible. Melanoma skin cancer of the spine? I didn't even know that was possible.
To metastasize means to spread to other parts of the body. So, he's got a secondary tumor composed of abnormal skin tissue growing in his spine.

I can understand why he'd want to keep working, but realistically, he can't be spending 16 hour days at work anymore. Stress and sleep deprivation will speed up the progression of the disease and he'll miss out on his family. I hope he steps aside as DC and moves into a consultant role for the Eagles. That would be the best scenario for everyone, I think.

Archived