Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

where does ES get it's draft info from?

artmonkforHOF

With the NFL draft approaching (and not fast enough when your team go 8-8 and miss the playoffs) I was wondering where do ES members turn to to get their draft information?

I am partial to Mike Mayock from the NFL network as he has proven that he knows what he is talking about and is not afraid to go out on a limb. Prime example is last year's draft and Darren McFadden. It seems pretty much all "draft guru's" other than Mayock had McFadden as a top 5 prospect, and the best NFL ready RB in the draft. Mayock said I rank him at 11, and there are 3 other guys who are better NFL ready RB's-Chris Johnson, Rashard Mendenhall and J Stewart. Looks like Mayock was right. Mayock was ribbed for pimping Matt Ryan, (nepotism was the claim-he's a family friend) but who is going to argue with him on that point now?

So do you have any sites/draft guru's who's info you trust or hold in a higher regard than other draft sites? Anyone who you think is out to lunch or has an aggenda? Anybody provided you info that was bang on or completely off?

I like NFL Draft Countdown. Scott Wright is pretty thorough with his assessments, and his Mock Drafts are fairly accurate. Plus his detailed reviews offer more insight than McShay and Kiper, both of whom I like, but it sounds like they deliberately disagree at times for the sake of ratings on ESPN. Who wants two analysts who both agree?

www.nfldraftcountdown.com is my favorite. My only complaint is that they don't update their mocks very often, sometimes only once a month.

I've also been checking out www.walterfootball.com recently.

On a side note, it would be great if posters would consult a mock before suggesting we select player x. I don't know how many posts I read last year stating that we should take Chris Long and have seen at least 3 in the last week recommending we take Orakpo at #13.

www.nfldraftcountdown.com is my favorite. My only complaint is that they don't update their mocks very often, sometimes only once a month.

I've also been checking out www.walterfootball.com recently.

On a side note, it would be great if posters would consult a mock before suggesting we select player x. I don't know how many posts I read last year stating that we should take Chris Long and have seen at least 3 in the last week recommending we take Orakpo at #13.

True, the "draft the top5 ranked player at our #13" gets a little tired. From what I am seeing on the mock draft boards so far this year is that we might have a shot at the guy I want: Eugene Monroe T Virgina. Some have him going in the top 10, others have him in the 20's.

I am trying not to get too attached to this guy as I had my heart broken last year when Merling was on the board and we traded down:mad:. I also think it is way too early to be taking mock drafts seriouslly right now as we do not know what underclassmen will come out and still have the combine to come. hopefully by early April Monroe is pegged at being a top 15 pick and we will have a chance to get him.

Archived