Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norv's record in Dec/Jan

Bubble Screen

I remember Brian Mitchell saying on the air that Norv was such a weak leader that, in his only playoff season here, a few players - guys like Mitchell himself and Marvcus Patton - took it upon themselves to discipline the rest of the team.

I guess they might have a Few Good Men in San Diego, too. We'll have to wait and see how far that takes them.

Nope. Neither.

Talent on the field. If you don't have it, you don't win.

Norv has a talented team out there. And look what they are doing.

I'll let you draw conclusions on who to blame for not having talented teams.

Norv has an incredibly talented team in San Diego... and yet his team's record has gotten worse every year they've played under him. The man knows his X's and O's but there's a lot more to being a head coach than that.

Hold on with all the Norv love, Let's not forget the Chargers are one of the most talented teams out there. A good coach with that team wouldn't just limp into the playoffs. That team is underperforming becaue of Norv's coaching skills. Norv was an emergency Hire because they cut marty off late into the offseason. Next year that team will become a sub 500. squad because norv can't do the job right. Even though I think they will go deep into the playoffs its because of the talent that team has and not because of the coach.

Norv was never the problem here, folks.
How soon they forget. :doh:

Toe Jam was a little kid during the Norv years, so I don't expect him to remember that Norv was the problem. :silly:

Norv never had control of his teams and never seemed to instill any discipline in his players. He would chew on pencils for four quarters and then say "they played awfully well out there" at each post game conference. God I hated the Norv years. :mad:

First, Norv arguably should've been fired sometime either during the 1998 season or right after. A combination of a decent second half of the season and what was probably the weak ownership of JKC Jr probably saved him.

Having said that, if Norv was the problem, it sure seems like we haven't found a solution a full, what, eight seasons after his departure? This team still finds itself mired in the same mediocrity as it was when he gets here. And yes, the Chargers did go 14-2 the year before he was brought in. But the Chargers also had some crap years right before that in the Marty era as well. So Norv, although he's made the playoffs the past two years, still is regarded as someone who is running the Chargers into the ground, while Gibbs 2.0 makes the playoffs twice with end-of-the-year runs and is regarded as having done a great job. Go figure.

I remember Brian Mitchell saying on the air that Norv was such a weak leader that, in his only playoff season here, a few players - guys like Mitchell himself and Marvcus Patton - took it upon themselves to discipline the rest of the team.

I guess they might have a Few Good Men in San Diego, too. We'll have to wait and see how far that takes them.

Rivers, probably. A couple of guys on D could step up, too.

I can't stand Rivers, though.

Norv has an incredibly talented team in San Diego... and yet his team's record has gotten worse every year they've played under him. The man knows his X's and O's but there's a lot more to being a head coach than that.

That's true. It's also true that there are more factors involved in won-lost records than the head coach.

Nope. Neither.

Talent on the field. If you don't have it, you don't win.

Norv has a talented team out there. And look what they are doing.

I'll let you draw conclusions on who to blame for not having talented teams.

Yeah, just look at what he's done. He's taken a 14-2 team and made them an 8-8 team that was lucky enough to play in the worst division in football to get into the playoffs and get a friggin home playoff game. He is still the same coach that maddeningly has his team looking like Super Bowl contenders one week and the losing games in new and imaginitive ways the next. No thanks.

Archived