Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congrats Chris Clemons!`

Mooka

2 sacks with a 73 yard fumble return to the house.

Unfortunately for us Skins fans he suffered an injury and we released him, but always a solid pass rusher. I'll never forget his first snap on the field, a sack on Ben Roethlisberger in 2004 on his first play in the NFL.

He had a fairly serious knee injury I believe it was an ACL tear. It's too bad we didn't stick with him, I always liked the guy and he put up 8 or so sacks for Oakland a year or two ago.

He was out of football for a year after leaving Washington. Then he went to Oakland and put up 8 sacks last season before cashing in with a modestly lucrative free agent deal in Philly this March. He got hurt a few times in training camp (incouding being hospitalized for dehydration) and was apparently slow to pick up the defensive system (something I didn't know was possible for a defensive end). Most Philly fans (including myself) had kind of written the signing off as a mistake by midseason. He put on a little bit of pressure during the last few weeks in spot opportunities before getting the majority of snaps yesterday opposite Cole. (Abiamiri is out for the year after getting hurt in Landover; Parker seems to have run out of gas somewhere around week 10).

I guess we'll see in the next week (hopefully four weeks) if he had a day yesterday because Columbo is a bum or because he finally got his chance. JJ was pretty insistent in the off-season that Clemons was perfect for this scheme.

Archived