Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cheap WR to sign

S DOT21

Not dodging your question at all...it was an example of why I feel he is not starting material regardless of playing inside or out and I think you agree based on your response. Do you want H.B. to be the successor to London Fletcher? I feel H.B. is a good role player and special teams guy similar to Khary Campbell, but not a starter. Just an opinion like so many of us have.

Oh...I don't want it to seem like I am dodging another question. When a DE is taking on a blocker during a running play, your taught to fill the hole. :2cents:

Fair enough.

I agree, when a DE is taking on blocker during, you are supposed to fill the hole. Kind of hard to do though when the DE is being pushed back into to you.

I thought we'd be able to assess Heyer more appropriately than Blades because Heyer's seen more action. I don't think Heyer should be starting since he will get abused consistently by a DE (making that side a liability the entire game). I think Blades has played fairly well but I haven't seen enough of him to say he should start. I don't always see him around the ball like I did Fincher back in preseason. Mind you, that was just preseason... but I'd like to see Fincher in for M. Washington.

For me, the vote is still out on Heyer and Blades.

I think Heyer could be a good RT for us, but he needs more reps. Worst case though, we have a solid back up in Heyer.

I need to see Blades play more in his natural position before I can say anything bad about him. He played well, not great, in a new position as first time starter some this year. I want to see him in there some more.

Oh and I am also curious about Fincher's potential against first string players.

Fair enough.

I agree, when a DE is taking on blocker during, you are supposed to fill the hole. Kind of hard to do though when the DE is being pushed back into to you.

JT got pushed around quite a bit this year but to his "defense" he was really banged up all year. He is finally getting around to being healthy and starting to flash that all-pro ability. JT is one of the most competitive players in the league and I feel next year (if healthy) he will be a monster! :tantrum:

We don't need anymore WRs. I'm almost certain that Devin Thomas will start opposite Santana Moss next season. Antwaan Randle El is more of a slot dude. Thomas and Moss can both stretch the field and make plays. Next year will be a breakout year for Thomas. Malcolm Kelly is the future. He'll be more productive next season than he was in his rookie year.

We don't need anymore WRs. I'm almost certain that Devin Thomas will start opposite Santana Moss next season. Antwaan Randle El is more of a slot dude. Thomas and Moss can both stretch the field and make plays. Next year will be a breakout year for Thomas. Malcolm Kelly is the future. He'll be more productive next season than he was in his rookie year.

Lots of assumptions in your post. Here's a possibility: Thomas doesn't look much better and Kelly's knees get injured late in preseason. What do you do? Teams will double Moss and Cooley. Your season is OVER. If you don't think so, look at the history of the last few seasons. Skins are unlikely to carry more than 5 WRs and have only 4 active. They don't need MORE they need DIFFERENT WRs. The two slots that should be open for competition are Randel El and Thrash.

Archived