Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Slumdog Millionare

capitolpunishment

I thought the movie would have been better if he got the final question wrong. I thought the effect of everybody else being bummed out about him not winning while he was still ecstatic to get his 'prize' would have been much more profound. What says you?

I *think* it was supposed to show the irony in the outcomes of the 2 brothers. The elder would do anything for money and power; lie, cheat, steal, treat his own brother poorly. He ended up dead in a tub of money. The younger brother, despite some of the antics they pulled to survive when they were young, valued relationships (one in particular) over those things. In the end, he not only ends up with the girl he desperately sought, but also the money (which some equate to power) his brother would do anything to have.

I just made that **** up, so your guess is as good as mine. However, I was actually surprised when he won the money. I thought it would have been more predictable if he hadn't. American movies have become predictable in the other sense; they never have JUST happy endings.

Finally saw this last night. Very good movie even if it is predictible. Spoiler, with question for those that have seen it below

You know, after I saw it, I was like - man, the ending is a little cheesy with him winning it all. However he almost had to win it all - it would have been really depressing for him to go through ALL of that and then fall short of the big prize. I think an even better ending would have been to cut it off before he answered the last question, and left everything as a cliff-hanger. But that probably would have ticked me off. Ha!

liked it better when it was real and called "City of God"

Dude, totally different movies. City of God was amazing (and for the record, a better film IMHO), but very very different.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived