Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What to do at Right Tackle

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If we sign Jordan Gross we should draft Duke Robinson...then Campbell/Colt/Collins/whomever can sit down and have a picnic behind that line!

Duke is a beast. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

He should be available when the Skins pick in the first round, too, but literally NO chance he'll be around in the 3rd (Skins w/ no 2nd). So unless the Skins trade down again, there's slim chance the Skins will take him in the first.

:D

The guy I really covet is Alex Mack. That guy will be an anchor for years.

Duke is a beast. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

He should be available when the Skins pick in the first round, too, but literally NO chance he'll be around in the 3rd (Skins w/ no 2nd). So unless the Skins trade down again, there's slim chance the Skins will take him in the first.

:D

The guy I really covet is Alex Mack. That guy will be an anchor for years.

I like Alex Mack too and a lot of mocks have him going late in round 1/early round 2.

I've got hope that we'll grab Duke though because Vinny said that we'll be looking to trade down and increase our picks. If we get a high 2nd we can probably get Duke unless he goes in the 1st which is possible if a team is hurting for a guard.

For 2009 I think this team has two starters in Samuels and Heyer. We need to find depth at OT and it will be difficult to add younger players as this team only has 4 draft choices.

In my mind we need DL more than OT at this point near the top of the board.

Can Rinehart be a #3 tackle in the NFL while projected to being a starter at OG?

I would think that at 31 Samuels has a few good years left in him.

I think the immediate need is at DE and OG.

At DE we have 35 year old Daniels, 35 year old Jason Taylor, 30 year old Andre Carter and soon to be 30 year old Demetric Evans.

At OG, we have 35 year old Kendall, 33 year old Thomas, 34 year old Fabini and the aforementioned Rinehart.

Use that first rounder on a left tackle like smith/black/britton.

Do not trade it away.

If the left tackle is good,let him stay there and move Samuels.

If the left tackle struggles put him on the right to battle with Heyor.

F.A.= Hall/D.T./L.B. and C.

.....and a kicker(shayne graham?)

For some reason Heyer plays much better at LT than at RT. So the the idea of moving Samuels to RT and keeping Heyer over on left side is a good one. I had'nt thought of that. I don't know if they will consider that though not wanting to hurt Samuels pride but a good idea none the less. Knowing the Skins they will not look to draft a RT but look for one in Free Agency....I mean can any of us see Vinny taking a RT in the 1st round? I didn't think so and then you start talking about a later round pick that will need to adjust the NFL...why not bring in a guy who has played in the league...and draft a RT in later rounds for some depth. Not saying this is right but with Vinny's track record...I just hope he gets it right concerning our DT's.

Archived