Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official revamp the lines thread

downbeat87

whats with u automatically assuming that we want colt just cause campbell sucks?

no one is saying colt is the answer because obviously he hasnt had the chance to play unlike campbell whom had enough chances to show us what he is all about.

if there is a good QB available inthe off season, go for it, if nothing is avialble, let Qbs have competetion in the offseason. lets not make it complicated.

krsone, i didnt say you want colt brennen.

oh like bret farve?!?

lets do what the other teams that went from losers to play off contenders do... draft the lines

krsone, i didnt say you want colt brennen.

oh like bret farve?!?

lets do what the other teams that went from losers to play off contenders do... draft the lines

do u read? what did i say in the first post? changing oline wont hurt but not for campbell. for another QB. pretty useless to change oline when u have a bad Qb behind in.

Looking at the available free agents this off season, I don't see a whole lot of help coming from there.

Matt Birk, UFA, Minnesota Vikings

Birk is a Pro Bowl center who has gotten the job done for the Vikings for the last decade. He’s fairly athletic for a lineman and is playing alongside another great lineman, guard Steve Hutchinson, making Birk’s life even easier on the field. He’s grounded in Minnesota, so the chances of him choosing to leave seem slim at the moment. However, Minnesota is grooming John Sullivan in hopes that he will eventually replace Birk.

Marc Colombo, UFA, Dallas Cowboys

Although he was injury prone early in his career, Colombo has become a solid tackle in Dallas. He allowed just a single sack in his first go round with the Cowboys and he has since been a big reason for the success of the running game and the protection afforded to Tony Romo sits to pee. At 29, teams will consider the fact that he probably has several seasons left in him.

Mike Goff, UFA, San Diego Chargers

While the Chargers would probably prefer to keep Goff, the franchise has been effective in drafting and developing linemen and might look for Goff’s replacement at a better price. Goff has been a leader who simply goes about his business and players like running back Ladainian Tomlinson have benefited from his level of play. Goff has played for a quality line for some time and he’s a big part of the equation when it comes to success.

Jordan Gross, UFA, Carolina Panthers

A first round pick in 2003, Gross earned a starting role in his rookie season and held that role as a tackle for the entire season. His ability to step in and play well right away paid off for the Panthers, as the team put together a run to an NFC Championship. He’s continued being a starter since that rookie season and is a solid player. Carolina slapped the franchise tag on him for this season, and chances are he will be another team come ’09.

Mark Tauscher, UFA, Green Bay Packers

Tauscher is a seventh round pick that became a success story. In his first season in the NFL, he was forced into a starting role because of an injury to another player. Tauscher isn’t an elite player, but he is solid in his role as a starter and hasn’t missed a game since 2002. Tauscher could be at the top of many team’s lists because he could come cheaper than some of the other free agent lineman, but could be nearly or equally effective. Other Offensive Lineman

Stacy Andrews, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals

Jordan Black, UFA, Houston Texans

Vernon Carey, UFA, Miami Dolphins

George Foster, UFA, Detroit Lions

Chris Gray, UFA, Seattle Seahawks

Pete Kendall, UFA, Washington Redskins

Seth McKinney, UFA, Cleveland Browns

Jon Runyan, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles

Tra Thomas, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles

Fred Weary, UFA, Houston Texans

John Welbourn, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs

None of those player are the type of young, not yet reached his peak type player we need.

The starting tackles were there against dallas and Baltimore weren't they?

Both lines need to be revamped.

We are too old on both lines. This should be our main priority in the offseason.

Names of O-Lineman and their ages as of the beginning of the 2009 season.

LT: Samuels, 32

LG: Kendell, 36

C: Rabach, 31

RG: Thomas, 32

RT: Jansen, 32

We NEED to revamp the lines. Doesn't matter how. Free Agency. Draft. Doesn't matter.

do u read? what did i say in the first post? changing oline wont hurt but not for campbell. for another QB. pretty useless to change oline when u have a bad Qb behind in.

no, i dont read :doh:.

thats why i said yea like bret farve... seeing how we passed on him this season.

why would you want to get another qb killed with a poopy line? or wait you think we can get both at the same time? why not get a good line and see what campbell can really do???

because when we were blocking for him, espn was saying... mvp?!?!?

think really hard before you type, cuz you might just get it. :cheers:

This offseason is loaded with O line talent. LOADED!!!!

Get that handled and draft defensive line. High pick DT hopefully. I like our DE's.

Jackson,Evans, Daniels, Carter, Wilson- DE's

Alexander, Montgo, Goldston and a first rounder.

If we can sign 2 or 3 O linemen and draft one in the later rounds, we should be good.

This team is not a waste. If Zorn can pull it together and Jason can improve, maybe we can continue winning.

Archived