Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Betts vs. Watson

phishhead

Hate to see either one of these guys go, Watson started it off and Betts came on late and complimented him. Even though the two were young they showed potential and promise. Canidate hasn't proven squat in 4 years.. Hell, I haven't don't squat in 4 years, give me the money......

Originally posted by rskin24

why?

Dallas Game:

Watson - 17 carries 58 yards 3.4 avg.

Betts - 17 carries 98 yards 5.8 avg.

It’s a cowgirl fan; you didn’t really expect mental coherence did you? :hammer:

rskin wrote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DCDave

Cowboy fan here, hoping you guys release Watson!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why?

Dallas Game:

Watson - 17 carries 58 yards 3.4 avg.

Betts - 17 carries 98 yards 5.8 avg.

why? I've seen a number of skins games and have seen both play. I think Watson is better, just my opinion. Would be happy to see him forced out in a numbers game here and get picked up by the Cowboys. If you think that Betts is better, then if Watson gets released then we'll both be happy!!! :cheers:

Who had the better numbers last year????? WATSON......and he started over Betts if I'm not mistaken.......to me Betts looks like a Stephen Davis clone if you ask me.

and didn't we just let Stephen Davis go?????????????

you keep the players that best fit the system, not the player that was drafted the highest!

WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT BETTS IS BETTER????? If he was so much better last year, then why didn't he start when Stephen was injured????????????????????????????

Personally I really don't prefer one over the other.

But:

Who had the better numbers last year????? WATSON

That's just being unfair.

Of course he had better numbers, he played more.

Why didn't Betts get those starts?

Well, he was a rookie....

The last 2 games of the season Betts and Watson had an equal number of carries. Who had the better numbers then? Betts did.

Not to offend anyone, but this could make a good joke to go along with the 2000 Florida election. I almost made the same mistake, but it's been another long day, so I am a bit slow on the trigger finger. I like Watson, but think Betts has more upside (I still have Mel Kiper in my head from the draft). Outside of Betts, none of the backs seem to be the guy I want to have the ball on 3rd and 1 or close to the goal line trying to punch it in. Sure, Rock can do the dirty work, but if you keep going to the well with the FB, teams will figure that out real quick. If Watson leaves, I hope he hooks up with a team who gives him a chance, as long as it is outside of the NFC East.

Originally posted by rskin24

I thought Morton was our KR...

Morton is the KR, but the plan is to get him touches on draws and out of the backfield. I'm not sure if he can be an Eric Metcalf type, but that seems to be somewhat the plan to get him the ball more than just as a return man.

Originally posted by MichaelM

Morton is the KR, but the plan is to get him touches on draws and out of the backfield. I'm not sure if he can be an Eric Metcalf type, but that seems to be somewhat the plan to get him the ball more than just as a return man.

Yeah I know.

I was replying to

Morton is the one who doesn't cut it as an RB.

He's our KR first. I really don't think anyone expects him to seriously compete for the RB job.

i think the back that should be underfire is candidate. i realize we traded for him, and he is lightning fast, but hell until he proves it on the field we can't cut anyone in the backfield.

Archived