Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which of our lineman (O and D) do we want to KEEP?

Rypien1191

I'm guessing this is the offseason we finally address the line on both sides. My question is - which linemen do we need/want to keep around?

Admittedly, I don't have the contract info in front of me so I'm not exactly sure when they are all up -

O line -

Kendall - I think his contract is up after this year, likely gone.

Jansen - can't stay healthy and not that impressive when he is healthy, Heyer replaces and Jon is backup for a year or two?

Randy Thomas - watched a few plays over last night and he got ABUSED time and time again. Definitely past his prime.

Rabach - couldnt hurt to have him back for another year or two?

Samuels - still our best lineman but not what he once was; is getting beat on a consistent basis.

Fabini - gone when contract is up

D line-

Griff - still decent player but age is catching up with him

J Taylor - doing nothing at DE

Golston/Monty - decent young talent but could def use help around them

Carter - not impressing me at all.

Alexander/Evans/Wilson - good situational players

I don't see any guys on either side who are irreplacable - maybe Samuels, but even he only has a year or two left in him. I suppose it depends on how the draft/FA shakes out...

I don't see it happening, but would a switch to a 3-4 play to our strengths? Our LB corps is definitely stronger than the line, especially if we manage to get a 'Suggs' type player in the offseason.

LB - Fletch, Suggs, Rocky, Taylor (at his natural position)

Dline- rotating Griff, Monty, Golston, Evans, Wilson, Alexander, Carter, ala the Giants rotation of last year.

Plus we have guys like Horton and Landry who are beasts around the line and can play that hybrid of LB/Safety when the personnel is called.

I think its absolutely necessary to try and get two picks for our one first rounder - we need to get as many lineman as we can in the draft and go after at least one GOOD player in FA-

I think if the FO plays its cards right in the next two offseasons, we can be a superbowl team in 2010 - Campbell, Cooley, Moss, Clinton, Thomas/Kelly/Davis (fully developed), Hall, Rogers, Smoot, Horton, Landry, Rocky all 30 or younger still in 2010. We just need to make drastic improvements on the line, which I think can be done.

Congratulations! You are the one millionth poster to suggest converting to a 3-4 defense in a brand new thread.

Johnny, tell him what he's won!

Thanks, Bob. You've won the 124,000th treatise on the difference between the 3-4 and the 4-3 and 500,000th explanation that we don't currently have a nose tackle.

Did you see that Haloti Ngata fella last night? Until we get someone like him, we ain't playing a 3-4.

Offensive Line:

Keep: Samuels- only if he will restructure his contract.

Thomas- resign at vet min for depth.

Kendell- resign at vet min for depth.

Rabach- resign at vet min for depth.

Bye: Jansen. Not worth time or depth.

DLine:

Bye: I say bye to all of them except Evans, Wilson, Montgomery and Gholston. I think many ESers over rate Gholston and Monty, but they are good young guys to build around. They at least add depth. I think Monty can be really good with someone else next to him. Carter is overpaid. Taylor is grossly overpaid.

Congratulations! You are the one millionth poster to suggest converting to a 3-4 defense in a brand new thread.

Johnny' date=' tell him what he's won!

Thanks, Bob. You've won the 124,000th treatise on the difference between the 3-4 and the 4-3 and 500,000th explanation that we don't currently have a nose tackle.

Did you see that Haloti Ngata fella last night? Until we get someone like him, we ain't playing a 3-4.[/quote']

The thread wasn't about 3-4, it was about the lineman. The 3-4 was just a tangential thought.

Sounds like someones got a case of the Mondays.

Johnny' date=' tell him what he's won!

Did you see that Haloti Ngata fella last night? Until we get someone like him, we ain't playing a 3-4.[/quote']

:rotflmao:

Archived