Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Home Field Disadvantage

Horatio

Simmons had an interesting article on ESPN and it basically pointed out that home field advantage is turning into a thing of the past with the new stadiums being built which are catered towards corporate sponsors and luxury boxes. Meanwhile fans screaming their lungs out and making noise are stuck at the very top of the stadium. Makes no sense

As we all know, it makes no difference to the Giants. Their home record is worse than ours, and that is horrible. They play so well on the road, that it doesn't matter to them, they feel right at home in the opposing stadiums.

I don't know what our record was at RFK during the Gibbs glory days, but I'll bet it was at least .750. We rarely lost at home, and only lost one playoff game at home to the Bears in 1984. We always knew we would win in the playoffs at RFK

Simmons had an interesting article on ESPN and it basically pointed out that home field advantage is turning into a thing of the past with the new stadiums being built which are catered towards corporate sponsors and luxury boxes. Meanwhile fans screaming their lungs out and making noise are stuck at the very top of the stadium. Makes no sense

I think the ease and comfort of chartered travel has changed things a lot too.

Do you really think it bothers the Steelers or Eagles or Giants to take a one-hour chartered flight to stay in a five-star hotel in DC?

In the 70s, they would have flown commercial or maybe even taken a bus and stayed at a Holiday Inn.

i feel like a team can feel a little more relaxed and more focused because it is so loud for them when they play away.

at home, you are expected to WIN, and you feel more focused to win, and it's so quiet for your offense that you may not be forced to focus as much. not to mention, in Redskins Nation, we put so much pressure on the team to freakin win in front of us they lose.

Sure, the fans can help out, but for me the onus is on the team to create the homefield advantage situation. Simple, play good in your face football.

I hate the notion of being 'under too much pressure at home'. Nothing more than an excuse for me. The team must be mentally tough enough for all situations.

For me, I think the reality is that over the last month we have simply been outplayed & the home or away factor doesn't come into it.

Sure' date=' the fans can help out, but for me the onus is on the team to create the homefield advantage situation. Simple, play good in your face football.

I hate the notion of being 'under too much pressure at home'. Nothing more than an excuse for me. The team must be mentally tough enough for all situations.

For me, I think the reality is that over the last month we have simply been outplayed & the home or away factor doesn't come into it.[/quote']

yea. if they would score a couple times to fire up the crowd a little bit. make a big play or something. i hate fedex

yea. if they would score a couple times to fire up the crowd a little bit. make a big play or something. i hate fedex

You think your gameday experience at fedex is bad, you should try mine out in the UK trying to get a good link via stoogetv.com 5 minutes before kickoff :D

I suppose its better than listening to games via the US armed forces network, like I was 20 years ago. Ah, Memories :D

Archived