Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Metal: What's out there?

PokerPacker

I don't think anyone has mentioned Nevermore yet. They are an awesome band. Dead Heart In A Dead World is a great album. A few of my favorite songs:

The River Dragon Has Come:

Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday:

Psalm of Lydia:

You can't classify them under one sub genre but there music has a lot of thrash influence. Jeff Loomis is my favorite guitarist right now. The guy just doesn't run out of awesome riffs. They've produced great albums one after another.

My favorite band of all-time is Slayer.

They're still doing they're thing and are pretty much the same band they were in the 80s....there's something I like about a band that doesn't need to "experiment" too much and just keeps putting out what they do best.

Slaytanic Army!!!1

saw an interview with Tom and it went something like this:

Interviewer: So, do you believe God really hates us all?

Tom: No, but it makes for a great album name.

He also once said that his daughter's favorite artist was Britney Spears. I just cant imagine the leader of Slayer driving a carpool and bumping Brit..

:cheers:

My tastes have gotten heavier lately from the straight radio hard rock...but I still can't listen to pure death metal or any band that just screams/growls/barks and the lyrics are inaudible. I'm really liking the bands that do a mix of singing/screaming, like Bullet for my Valentine, Trivium, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, and Underoath.

saw an interview with Tom and it went something like this:

Interviewer: So, do you believe God really hates us all?

Tom: No, but it makes for a great album name.

He also once said that his daughter's favorite artist was Britney Spears. I just cant imagine the leader of Slayer driving a carpool and bumping Brit..

:cheers:

LOL

None of those guys are really into that **** they just like making crazy records. I saw a behind the scenes video of them on tour and they're all sitting on an airplane singing "It's a small world" out loud lol.

Indie band I personally know. This guy has been playing since early 80's and I think he rocks. It's a throwback, nothing new here just straight ahead metal

He is using Robert Sweet from Stryper on drums

Tony franklin from The firm and whitesnake on bass

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=273989980&MyToken=47a1e1bc-b968-4ca0-88b1-25912ac580ce

m_a3ec66820434b812380f1a1d019c01da.jpg

My tastes have gotten heavier lately from the straight radio hard rock...but I still can't listen to pure death metal or any band that just screams/growls/barks and the lyrics are inaudible. I'm really liking the bands that do a mix of singing/screaming, like Bullet for my Valentine, Trivium, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, and Underoath.

yea i forgot to mention bullet for my valentine. good call!

Archived