Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo sportsLawyer to AP: Burress expects plea Monday

ljs

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-giants-burressshot&prov=ap&type=lgns

Plaxico Burress’ lawyer said Sunday he was advised that the New York Giants’ star receiver will be charged with criminal possession of a weapon after accidentally shooting himself in the right thigh.

Lawyer Benjamin Brafman wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press that Burress will turn himself in Monday morning in New York City and “will enter a plea of not guilty later that same day.”

“I do not expect that Mr. Burress will make a statement,” Brafman wrote.

He met with Burress for about an hour Sunday at the player’s home in New Jersey.

“I would ask that his fans, the Giants and the media withhold judgment in this matter until all of the facts have been disclosed,” Brafman wrote to the AP.

Brafman is a well-known criminal lawyer who has defended mobsters and other high-profile figures, including hip-hop impresario Sean “Diddy” Combs on a bribery and gun possession charge in 2001.

So he will be charged after all....good

Unless this gets plead down, it's mandatory state prison.

It will get plead down because it's Burress, but I can't see him not getting convicted of at least a misdemeanor offense.

That said, when it does get plead down via special treatment, he'll most likely walk away with 3 years probation.

Players like Ray Lewis who can get away from murder charges and players like pacman who gets somebody paralizyed from the neck down are still in the NFL...

If Plax is kicked out and sentenced for 3& a half years for shooting himself would be a complete joke....

Players like Ray Lewis who can get away from murder charges and players like pacman who gets somebody paralizyed from the neck down are still in the NFL...

If Plax is kicked out and sentenced for 3& a half years for shooting himself would be a complete joke....

While the situation appears to be overblown, I'd still like to see a stiff penalty. I live in NYC, and I'd like to see a message sent to anyone who thinks they can just carry around guns wherever they go. He needs to be taught a lesson, especially since he never really seems remorseful incident after incident.

Im curious as to how long he will be suspended....I mean. it's gotta be at least the rest of this regular season

He will most likely be put on IR by the Giants.

Then hopefully, Goddell does the right thing, and when he does suspend him, it begins next year.

Whatever team he is on.

Just because they got away with it does not give him a pass.

What he was doing is pretty serious. He was breaking several laws. He is lucky that he just shot himself and nobody else.

LOL wuuuut? :silly:

TJ you should rethink this. I don't know what you mean, but i am sure it is not how this looks.

It means that if an idiot like Vick can be crucified for what he did then an idiot like Burress should also be crucified for illegally having a weapon.

It means that if an idiot like Vick can be crucified for what he did then an idiot like Burress should also be crucified for illegally having a weapon.

I am sure that he will, but the crimes are nothing alike.

All of the facts are not out yet for what Plax did. I don't think he has turned over the gun yet, and i am curious if it is legal or not. That has a big impact on him.

I am sure that he will, but the crimes are nothing alike.

All of the facts are not out yet for what Plax did. I don't think he has turned over the gun yet, and i am curious if it is legal or not. That has a big impact on him.

IMO, all idiots from the NFL should just be locked up. Throw away the damn key.

I'VE HAD ENOUGH WITH IT ALL!:mad:

Archived