Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles best team in the league

DCSaints_fan

I'm gonna say this one thing! AS much as you all may disagree...the Eagles have a better chance at beating the Giants than the Skins or the Cowboys IMO.

I had them picked before the season as the SB fav's from the NFC...I would be surprised to see a run late in the season for the dirty birds to get 'em into the playoff...and don't let Brian Westbrook AND Donovan be healthy!!!........

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things that I put a lot of stock in is point differential. The Eagles have an excellent PD against some quality opponents. If they can manage to play consistently, they might make a serious run in the playoffs (if they make it, of course.)

The only scary teams in that are in the playoffs are the Giants and Panthers. (and the Giants may not be as good as I thought they were). In my eyes, the Eagles and the Cowboys are the next best from the NFC. If either team can find a way to sneak in, they could make a serious run.

too inconsistant. really good teams don't need help to get into the playoffs.

Didn't the Giants need help last season?

Let's face it, the difference between the Eagles now and the Eagles post-Steelers game is that Westbrook is healthy. When he's close to 100% he just makes the team better. The defense has played pretty well all season, as have ST, but the major variable is BW. We need to get a few more of him.

It shows why these guys get paid for their research and no one really gives a crap about our opinions. We all laughed when they had the Eagles ranked above the Redskins, especially when the Eagles' record was floundering. But they knew better.
And yet last year they had the Giants ranked 16th in the league.

Didn't the Giants need help last season?

Let's face it, the difference between the Eagles now and the Eagles post-Steelers game is that Westbrook is healthy. When he's close to 100% he just makes the team better. The defense has played pretty well all season, as have ST, but the major variable is BW. We need to get a few more of him.

The Giants started playing very good ball at the end of the 2007 season and they didn't do things like have multiple trips inside the 5 yard line coming away with no points vs the Browns. They went 4-1 in their last 5, only losing to the NE Patriots in that final game, where the Pats were playing for the undefeated season.

The Eagles are still pretty inconsistent. Granted, they looked good the last three games (with the dedication to the run), but it wasn't that long ago they got dominated by the Ravens, and tied CIN. They have 2 division games coming up. Lets see how they do with those before we start stroking each other.

I'm still waiting for Reid to get behind in a game and throw his whole dedication to the run thing out the window. We've all seen it. Where the pass isn't working, but he just keeps dialing it up again and again.

The Giants started playing very good ball at the end of the 2007 season and they didn't do things like have multiple trips inside the 5 yard line coming away with no points vs the Browns. They went 4-1 in their last 5, only losing to the NE Patriots in that final game, where the Pats were playing for the undefeated season.

The Eagles are still pretty inconsistent. Granted, they looked good the last three games (with the dedication to the run), but it wasn't that long ago they got dominated by the Ravens, and tied CIN. They have 2 division games coming up. Lets see how they do with those before we start stroking each other.

I'm still waiting for Reid to get behind in a game and throw his whole dedication to the run thing out the window. We've all seen it. Where the pass isn't working, but he just keeps dialing it up again and again.

I'm with you in spirit. Anyone who's willing to forget how bad the Eagles looked against Cincy and Baltimore is creating their own reality.

However, before the Giants went on their run, they looked like one of the worst teams in football in that game against the Vikings. If the Eagles were to win 5 straight with three of those wins coming against division rivals, one of whom being the league's best team, and another win against a playoff team in Arizona, then the comparison to the 2007 Giants is pretty spot on.

They still have two games to win before we're there.

(Although they can only be considered SB contenders from a "why not? it's anyone's to take once the playoffs start" perspective).

The giants were 3-2 in their last 5 games in '07. They also lost to the Redskins in December. They were 3-3 in their last 6 games (losing the game to Minnesota).

The giants were 3-2 in their last 5 games in '07. They also lost to the Redskins in December. They were 3-3 in their last 6 games (losing the game to Minnesota).

whoops. I said 4-1, but it really was 3-2 with losses to the skins and the pats. Both those losses were to playoff teams, but still.

Archived