Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

News-Press- 4 to be tried in March ST murder

SWFLSkins

I did not see this update anywhere and thought it did not belong in "All things Sean Taylor" for obvious reasons.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200881125078

One year ago today, police say five young adults from Lee County broke into the Miami home of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor looking for money and not expecting the athlete to be home.

Armed, one of the teens shot Taylor, who was with his girlfriend and baby, recovering from an injury instead of playing against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Tampa.

The shot killed Taylor, 24, who bled to death the next day, and thrust Lee County into the spotlight after Eric Rivera, 18, Charles Wardlow, 19, and Venjah Hunte, 21, all of Fort Myers, and Jason Scott Mitchell, 20, of Lehigh Acres, were arrested.

In May, Hunte pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and armed burglary in exchange for his testimony and 29 years in prison. Days later, police arrested Timmy Lee Brown Jr., 17, and charged him with first-degree murder and armed burglary, the same charges as his co-defendants.

All face up to life in prison, if convicted when they go to trial March 9. For now, the four remaining defendants will be tried together.

Armed, one of the teens shot Taylor, who was with his girlfriend and baby, recovering from an injury instead of playing against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Tampa.

When I think of how much fun I had that day with my Son at that game, we lost, but met the players after the game, I dunno, that is the tragic tale of life.

I hope these pieces of S rot in jail!!!

When justice is served they will. And I hope that they put them down there in Belle Glade state prison, it is close to Taylor's home and real nasty. Then I hope they break out after a few years of abuse and get mauled by the Alligators that patrol those glades around the place.

When justice is served they will. And I hope that they put them down there in Belle Glade state prison, it is close to Taylor's home and real nasty. Then I hope they break out after a few years of abuse and get mauled by the Alligators that patrol those glades around the place.

No, just leave them in the jail and lets just make sure the prisoners know who these scumbags are......by the time the inmates are thru with them there shouldnt be anything left for the gators.

Archived