Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B&G sign cb Alex Molden to 2yr. deal

MAATopDogg

I try to not comment on these things until they are confirmed.

However, I need to speak on this.

UNTIL SMOOT IS ACTUALLY TRADED, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE HE'S ON THE MARKET RIGHT NOW!

He's doesn't cost us a lot. I haven't heard anything about his "Off-Field" biz. What's not to like?

If there isn't a Smoot trade in the works, this could be a domino shuffle. Maybe Molden will be nickel CB, Bauman starting FS, Bowen SS.

I thought the staff was high on Bauman, who I thought played well. It would be surprising to see Molden demote Bauman to #4 CB, and it would be surprising for Molden to accept a job taking him from starting CB to #4.

Originally posted by carlsbadd

WARNING CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!

Champ Bailey to play wide reciever,Redskins sigh Molden to two year deal as bailey replacement:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

With our current crop of wideouts that would be beyond stupid.

ASF.....I doubt the team is contemplating placing Bauman as the starting FS. I can just see the Giants gameplan materializing, dropping back and throwing to Shockey 30 times a game. Bauman at 5'8" isn't going to be playing FS. They like him as the #3 CB, which in essence is a starter, and most likely have plans for moving him to #2 when Smoot vacates the position either via trade of FA.

With all of the rumors circulating on the defensive side, who knows what will transpire.

We are stock piling talented young players and may be ready to make a deal with another team if a player goes down with an injury or something!

Who really knows.....the FO does!

I can't believe that Molden was brought in to be the 4th corner. No one in our division has that much depth at WR anyway. A lot of people are in denial about Smoot. Not saying it'll happen but this is an interesting signing.

Archived