Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B&G sign cb Alex Molden to 2yr. deal

MAATopDogg

Guys, why are we over thinking this? Molden is here for depth. I wondered if we were actually going to go into the season with Bauman as our nickel corner and now we know we may do that, but we don't have to do that. Think of Molden replacing Green's roster spot. We are going to keep at least four corners on the roster. Straight corners that is. Terrell can go between corner and safety as depth. This is a solid move for depth. Molden fell out of favor in New Orleans with Ditka. I wanted to have him in a trade back in 1999 when he was being dangled.

He provides very solid depth for us at corner now. Bauman now doesn't HAVE to work out. Without Molden, a lot would be riding on Bauman. We now have solid veteran depth and some hope that he could be a No. 4 on the chart if Bauman works out. This is a super nice thing for us to have done. It's NOT a nice thing to do if we expect Molden to be starting for Smoot.

Can this bum play specials? If not, then I don't know why we signed him. We are in deep doodoo if he is anything more than a #4 corner.

If San Diego (32nd Pass D) saw nothing endearing about this guy - I don't know what he's gonna do for us.:doh:

Originally posted by B&G

Molden was the 11th player taken in the 1996 NFL Draft (Regan Upshaw was the 12th).

Is it too wild to think the Redskins may use Molden as a FS?

I'm for the idea of using Molden at FS - Terrell obviously did not get the job done on a consistent basis last year. Reminded me of Stanley Richards – never met a mis-tackle he didn’t like.

At least they could ponder utilizing him at FS on passing downs -

I still dont see why some of you are in such a rush to trade our second yr corner and the think we have the second coming of Darrell Green in Bauman.

Just like the iggles you can never have too many decent corners in this pass happy league.

Seattle would be foolish trading Springs when they face the whiners and Rams twice a year each and they are in 3 WR formation the majority of the time.

BDW is going to be a vital part of this team since the current group on the D line isnt going to wreck havoc in the backfield.

In todays game it's great to have three good corners. I wouldn't even consider trading Smoot. He's young and he has incredible amounts or potential. Let's just hope that they show this year like they did his first year.

Molden is older and will be a great third corner. If we have a linebacker injury like last year we will have a nasty nickle if we can pick up a decent safety.

I like the Molden signing for the depth that it provides, BUT I

cannot understand why we would tie up so much valuable cap space on this position, when the DL (and more importantly) and a pass-rushing DE is needed (NO, not Zellner!). I had hoped that we would save cap space for any June 1 pick-ups.

It may be a good move (depth is good), but I do not understand it when DL needs are greater, and when you want to save some cap space for June 1.

Why?:gus:

Archived