Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 2004

I've been thinking about getting one of the Madden games for my PC but have wondered about something regarding game play.

I've seen games where if you attempt to throw a pass, you have to try to use your mouse to guide the ball to the receiver and I thought that was kind of a pain in the butt. Can anyone tell me how it works in the Madden games. If you call a pass play for example does the computer take over the attempt or do you still have to try to "guide" the ball to the receiver? Or do they give you the option to select whichever method you like?

Originally posted by NavyDave

I checking out the rumors that the servers for madden 2003 will go down a few months after madden 2004 is released.

If thats true then I may look into getting a modified Xbox

Whoa! What does this mean? That the 2003 game won't work anymore if you don't have a modified XBOX? What exactly does one do to modify an XBOX and what benefits does modifying one have? I guess it won't matter much b/c I'm planning on getting Madden 2004 anyway.

Originally posted by BuckeyeSkins

I've been thinking about getting one of the Madden games for my PC but have wondered about something regarding game play.

I've seen games where if you attempt to throw a pass, you have to try to use your mouse to guide the ball to the receiver and I thought that was kind of a pain in the butt. Can anyone tell me how it works in the Madden games. If you call a pass play for example does the computer take over the attempt or do you still have to try to "guide" the ball to the receiver? Or do they give you the option to select whichever method you like?

Buy a gamepad. I have the PC version and I can't say that I even know how to play with the mouse and keyboard. A Gravis Gamepad Pro, which works great, is less the 20$. It has the option of getting connected through a USB port or a soundcard joystick port.

To answer you questions, as far as I know you don't have to guide the ball (although there are ways to put touch on a pass) and if you don't do anything after the snap the computer will take over and run the play for you.

No, you don't have to guide the ball at all, nor do you have the option to do so.

Lets say you snap the ball.

You'll gain control of the QB and have the option to throw to either X, Y, or Z reciever, or run with it.

If you throw to X reciever, if you tap the button, it will throw a blooper ball that while easy to catch, the other team can intercept it alot easier. If you really hold down on the button, it will throw a dart that is harder to catch.

You can switch to the reciever to try and guide him to the ball, but the computer does that for you automatically.

Originally posted by Jimbo

I'm Charles Rogers...I got 68 catches and 13 touchdowns......SING IT! Ray Lewis is TOO funny is those ads.

My favorite is:

"24 sacks, career single season record, owned by me Terrell Suggs!" "2 sacks, sweaty laundry, owned by me Ray Lewis!":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by NavyDave

I checking out the rumors that the servers for madden 2003 will go down a few months after madden 2004 is released.

If thats true then I may look into getting a modified Xbox

This is not a rumor. You will no longer be able to play Madden 2003 online after 2004 comes out. Obviously you can still play the 2003 game, but if you want to play online you will need the 2004 version. Also, Madden on XBOX was not online for 2003, but I am not sure about 2004. If you want online football for XBOX, NFL2K3 is probably your best bet. NFL Fever may also be online for XBOX, but I am not positive. I run a PS2 Madden league myself, feel free to check it out. http://www.leaguedaddy.com/forums/220/index.php

And if you have questions about anything to do with Madden www.maddenmania.com is the biggest and best Madden dedicated site out there.

I was very upset that XBOX did not allow Madden 2003 to be online. Also i was very upset that you need broadband to have online. My house is currently getting worked on and once it is done, we are getting wireless cable. Is XBOX Live! worth it?

I just got the PS2 modem when the price dropped, and I love playing Madden 2003 online... though because of the sucky Skins roster, I usually end up playing as the Raiders.

Madden 2004 is going to be crazy good. I usually try to alternate the games I buy (I bought NFL 2K2 for the previous year, Madden 2003 this year, etc.), but I'm definitely going to go Madden again.

What I'm going to hate is that you can't import the draft classes from NCAA 2003, you have to get the next version (at least, that's what I've heard).

Maybe they should take a new approach to finding a cover boy for the new games.

I'm thinking maybe Simeon Rice or Warren Sapp, a defensive star for a change.

Then again maybe it'll revert back to having Madden on the cover. Since they started putting players on the covers its gone Eddie George, Daunte Culpepper, and Marshall Faulk.

What player has had some recent success that the folks at Electronic Arts can now destroy by putting a picture of him on the cover of a video game.

Keyshawn Johnson would be a good pick just so he would start to suck.

Maybe they can ink Brett Favre to do it. Seems like he was destined to be on the cover of john madden video game. He's only Madden's favorite player.

But in the end if I had to bet my life savings on it, I would say its gonna be Ray Lewis. He is the one doing all the commercials right now. Maybe that choice is just too obvious. Oh well, we can only wait and see.

Originally posted by Richard'EASTCHAMP'Nixon

its going to be Mike Vick, i heard it a while ago, id have liked it to have a defensive player on the front, but i guess its all about marketability and offense will always win out.

my personal choice would be Champ Bailey, Derek Brooks, Brian Urlacher or Charles Woodson.

Yeah, EA officially announced this week that it would be Vick.

Archived