Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

after seeing a lot of STAR WARS fans in the best fight thread.... look:

AJWatson3

After seeing a lot of Star Wars fans posting in the best fight scene threads i figured some would be very stoked to hear this:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/28/film.starwars.reut/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- George Lucas is bringing back the classic characters Chewbacca the Wookiee, C-3PO and R2-D2 for the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode III."

Navy... the Original Trilogy is coming as soon as EP III is finished. Lucas wants to put all the deleted scenes and so on on the DVD's. The EP I and II DVD's are awsome in terms of their extra content, so I'm sure the OT movies will be totally amazing.

I gotta second Navy's :cuss: on this one.

Why does Lucas need to freaking wait until Episode III is done? If he really wanted to rake in the dough, all he has to do is release the original versions of 4-6 now, and then when the series is done, release the special editions or something. I'm not sure what holding out on us now accomplishes, other than p!ssing off Lucas' fanbase.

That, and I sure hope the original, non-special edition, versions of the movies will be made available on DVD. I'm a purist.

Henry, I agree with you, he could make a killing. But I've come to belive that Lucas may not be in it just for the money as many believe. There are tons and tons of things he could do differently to rake in even more bucks.

From everything that I've read, Lucas has been busy working on the Prequel Trilogy and Indy IV and hasn't had time to do the OT the way he would like to.

The rumors are that there will only be DVD's for the special editions... that sucks... I like the originals better too. The one scene in the Special Editions that pissed me off was the Han Solo Cantina scene with Greedo, in the original, Han shot Greedo in cold blood, the Special Edition has Greedo shooting first and missing.. that sucks.

Agreed Code. That one scene completely ruined the enitre SE for me. I'd say Luke screaming like a woman in Ep 5 comes in second.

It just kills me that GL will not release a widescreen version of the originals. :cuss:

Originally posted by Henry

Agreed Code. That one scene completely ruined the enitre SE for me. I'd say Luke screaming like a woman in Ep 5 comes in second.

It just kills me that GL will not release a widescreen version of the originals. :cuss:

Luckily, I have a VHS copy of the original EP IV. There is actually an internet petition going round to convince Lucas to release both the original and SE. I would buy both, think of how much money he would make... :doh:

Henry.. do you visit any SW message boards?

Fuji... I agree with you.. Anakin will kill Dooku in a similar situation like Return of the Jedi when Luke faced Vader in front of the Emperor, except this time, Anakin will give in to the dark side and take his place beside Palpatine.....mwaahhaaahaaahaaaa:D

I'm pumped to take my 5yr old nephew to the midnight showing on opening night... that is the most fun. He had never seen the original trilogy but loves EP I and II, when I told him Anakin turns in to the "dark man" as he calls Darth Vader, he was so excited. He spent the night and we had to watch all three of the original movies... I think I slept through them:doh:

Originally posted by codeorama

Luckily, I have a VHS copy of the original EP IV. There is actually an internet petition going round to convince Lucas to release both the original and SE. I would buy both, think of how much money he would make... :doh:

Henry.. do you visit any SW message boards?

I sometimes check out Aint-It-Cool-News, but the talkbackers there are so fanatical its scary. Anytime I think I have no life I just go over there and read a few posts and I feel much better about things. :)

But I don't frequent any SW boards. First of all, I only have time for this board. :) And secondly I try and stay away from spoilers.

But if you've got links to some decent boards, I'll give them a look. I'd definately be interested in signing that petition.

I have the 95 VHS release of the original trilogy, but lately my kids have been destroying them with unprecedented repeat viewings. I really need to get my hands on another set.

Originally posted by codeorama

Fuji... I agree with you.. Anakin will kill Dooku in a similar situation like Return of the Jedi when Luke faced Vader in front of the Emperor, except this time, Anakin will give in to the dark side and take his place beside Palpatine.....mwaahhaaahaaahaaaa:D

Don't forget that Dooku has to kill Padme first. :evil:lsabre.gif

Originally posted by riggins44

I just bought the Trilogy (VHS) for my sons from Barnes & Noble.

The others are on DVD. One weekend, before football season,

we're going to watch them all in order.

When you watch them, you might be amazed a the details that link the Original Trilogy and the Prequels... It's pretty cool that Lucas thought that far ahead.... Ep IV especially has some very cool stuff going on that really make you look forward to EP III...:cheers:

Henry....

I'm glad you said you wanted to stay away from spoilers, I would'nt want to ruin something for you in the future... I'm all about spoilers...:D

These two message boards are pretty slow compared to extremeskins, so I only check them out a couple of times a week... people do post every day, but not nearly as much as here.

The spoiler sections are clearly labled so you can avoid them if you wish... FYI, they had the scene by scene spoilers for AOTC at least 6 months before it was released.

www.x-boards.com

www.galacticsenate.com

Don't forget gang, rumors have it he has been filming some scenes to add to the original triology that he always wanted to do and now that he has cast the characters........who knows.

Its his story, whatever the hell he wants to do is fine with me.

Utah.. good points..

I have heard the same rumors.

While I much prefer the original movies the way they were originally, I will still watch and enjoy if changes are made. I just would hope that the original was still available as an option. Some of the added scenes in the Special Editions were cool. I just had a problem with the one scene with Han and Greedo being altered.

The rumors are running crazy right now. I've heard they might add Darth Vader's march, Palpatine and Bail Organa to EP IV. That would be interesting... I'd like to see what becomes of it.

Originally posted by Henry

I sure hope the original, non-special edition, versions of the movies will be made available on DVD. I'm a purist.

Absolutely. I'm not a fan of revisionist history, and that's all those "Special Edition" deals were. Just gimme the original shizznit, George.

However, if Lucas doesn't release the original theatrical cuts of Stars Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi on DVD, I'll just go on eBay and acquire 'em on laserdisc.

Yeah, LDs aren't as good as DVDs, but they're a helluva lot better than VHS tapes. In fact, one of the reasons that I recently purchased a laserdisc player was the fact that the original theatrical cuts of some of my favorite films, from Aliens to Blade Runner to Manhunter, were -- and still are -- unavailable on DVD.

codeorama, I recently got a pretty nice Pioneer on eBay for about 180 bucks. And considering that most LD players -- the few models that are actually still being produced -- still retail for upwards of $1,000 :twitch:, $180 ain't too shabby. However, if you decide to snag one via eBay, my advice is to go after the most recently made Pioneer player you can find, as Pioneer made the best LD players, bar none.

Archived