Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holmes

MrMan978

He will start, Smoot will get the assignment

This is what scares me...Smoot isn't physical enough to play Ward and isn't quick enough to play Holmes or Nate Washington...

Rogers can take one of them away as he is physical enough for Ward and quick enough for Holmes, but who is going to cover the other guys? We have to put pressure on Big Ben tonight if not we're going to be in trouble...

Don't mind me, but why are you nervous about holmes?

He's done nothing this year and is considered a bust among fantasy.

You're right, but I don't see him staying quiet all year long. I'm hoping he just continues to stay that way through tonight.

Because IMO I feel that Holmes presents a possible matchup problem. I'm not suggesting he's going to have some huge game, but he also is Pittsburgh's vertical threat. They also will line him up in the slot sometimes to try to get him on a nickelback, which would be Leigh Torrence. I would expect a combination of Smoot, and Torrence on him tonight. I just think Leigh Torrence vs Holmes is a matchup issue

This is what scares me...Smoot isn't physical enough to play Ward and isn't quick enough to play Holmes or Nate Washington...

Rogers can take one of them away as he is physical enough for Ward and quick enough for Holmes, but who is going to cover the other guys? We have to put pressure on Big Ben tonight if not we're going to be in trouble...

You have a good point but Smoot has stepped it up recently. He's a much better player than he was a few years ago. All things aside however, thats what our safeties are for. We have LaRon, and Horton is starting tonight. So I'm not entirely worried about Holmes. Actually there offense isn't what scares me, its there defense.

I'm pretty sure Rogers will play him, please correct me if i'm wrong.

No way IMO. I would put 'Los on Ward. Smooty should play Holmes and roll Landry deep to his side. Rogers is much more physical and can match up with Ward one on one. Smooty can handle Holmes. The question is, can Torrence stick with Washington. He's got the speed, but Torrence needs to have a big game tonight. They'll go his way a bunch. They're going to test our secondary this game. Landry and Horton will have their chances to get their hands on a ball or two. I'm hoping the Skins are at least +2 in the turnover column. That would mean that we probably win this one by a TD or more. :2cents:

HTTR

You have a good point but Smoot has stepped it up recently. He's a much better player than he was a few years ago. All things aside however, thats what our safeties are for. We have LaRon, and Horton is starting tonight. So I'm not entirely worried about Holmes. Actually there offense isn't what scares me, its there defense.

Yeah I'm not real high on Smoot but he is playing O.K. this year...You're right I didn't even think about the fact that Horton was going to be in...He'll be up in the box and getting underneath of the shorter routes... I do still think we have to get pressure up the middle on Big Ben to get him off rythmn...

You're right, but I don't see him staying quiet all year long. I'm hoping he just continues to stay that way through tonight.

Because IMO I feel that Holmes presents a possible matchup problem. I'm not suggesting he's going to have some huge game, but he also is Pittsburgh's vertical threat. They also will line him up in the slot sometimes to try to get him on a nickelback, which would be Leigh Torrence. I would expect a combination of Smoot, and Torrence on him tonight. I just think Leigh Torrence vs Holmes is a matchup issue

Ok I get where you're coming from, and yeah Torrence might be an issue. This is why I hope springs comes back healthy, strong, and fast.

No way IMO. I would put 'Los on Ward. Smooty should play Holmes and roll Landry deep to his side. Rogers is much more physical and can match up with Ward one on one. Smooty can handle Holmes. The question is, can Torrence stick with Washington. He's got the speed, but Torrence needs to have a big game tonight. They'll go his way a bunch. They're going to test our secondary this game. Landry and Horton will have their chances to get their hands on a ball or two. I'm hoping the Skins are at least +2 in the turnover column. That would mean that we probably win this one by a TD or more. :2cents:

HTTR

:doh::doh::no::no:

Archived