Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steeler's Defense for real?

I_Slapped_Jerry_Jones

I'm not saying the Steelers defense is bad. I just don't think it is as dominating as hyped by a long shot. By the end of the year it won't be top 5, bank on it. Check out these stats of the opposing offenses the Steelers have played.

Week 1 Texans: 11th points, 4th in yards. We know the Texans have only gotten their offensive groove back recently as the stumbled horribly out of the gate. Couple that in with the fact that their stats are severely padded with games against Cincy and Detroit.

Week 2 Cleveland: 27th in points, 30th in yards. They are the Browns.

Week 3 E-Girls: 4th points, 8th in total yards. The Steelers lost to a Westbrookless Eagles squad (he went down early in the second quarter). And we know the Philly offense comes and goes with Westy.

Week 4 Baltimore: 26th in points, 24th in yards. Baltimore's offense has historically been bad, this year is no exception with a rookie QB at the helm.

Week 5 Jaquars: 25th in points, 20th in yards. The poor Jaguars lost most of the starting O-line and D-line before the season even began. (We know how that is!)

Week 6 Bye

Week 7 Bungles: Dead last in both categories. Nuff' said!

Week 8 G-Girls: 6th in points and 3rd in yardage. Up until the Giants played the Steelers their strength of schedule was...yup...easiest in the league. THe Steelers game bumped them up to 29th I believe. The Giants have been padding their stats all year against cupcake teams.

The list of opponents the Steelers have played so far is not impressive at all. I fully predict the worst defensive outing of the year for these chumps come monday.:point2sky

The Steelers D might be a little stat packed due to schedule but they do not schedule their games they just play em as they see em. Most of that D has been playing together for a few years now and that team chemistry can be killer and effective for road games. I think that the Skins will be able to score a lot of points on them but I could also see this game being another Browns game.

I think this oh they played a team that's 1-6 or whatever last week should end...

the NFL has sooo much parity this year that its hard to accurately say the difference between the bottom dwellers, the middle of the road, and the "contendors" are any given week...

every nfl game is a hard game and every teams brings it every weekend

They're pretty damn good . I think they have one of the most underrated defensive lines in football they do not get their due. Their linebackers all I can say is wow they are as good as advertised. If there is a weakness it's their corners. I think the Skins can expliot that all day if Jason is giving time to throw the ball.

What I hope for is that Skins got their hands on the Steelers- Jags game from last season. The Jags manhandle them up front and they had a huge day running the ball over 200 yds.

Yes you can run on this defense you have to outmuscle them get Hampton moved is certainly a priority.

Really? For real as in best in the league? Not by a long shot. They live and die by the blitz. Eventually they are going to get torched.

That's the beauty of it all if our O-line can block their blitzes give Jason time he can have a huge day. I do not think their corners can cover our receivers.

I will say this though yes, they shut down the Giants running game but they still haven't had played a running back like CP right now. If you talk to the most serious Steelers fans they will tell you this is a legit test for their defense.

Steelers run a 3-4 and we had pretty good luck against Dallas' 3-4 D. Steelers are better against the run but can be had with play-action. The key will be to continue with the run and pick our spots with play-action, especially with Harrison and Woodley trying to get to Campbell. If you can block those guys, you can have success in the passing game.

They can be a deadly defense if you don't do a great job of blocking.

It doesnt matter who they played, the Steelers D has always been for real. Up untill last week they did have a soft scheadule, but last week they shut down the world champs running game, and have been all over QB's all year. They will come after JC, bank on that.

They have always been hard to run on and nothing has changed, and Portis being nicked doesnt help at all. We better get our running game on, or JC will be under fire through out the game.

Archived