Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Confidence (Destroyer?)

brettstr

Has anyone considered the team could possibly be destroying the confidence in the attitude of winning. When good team beat good teams, it creates confidence in winning. It develops an attitue and air of greatness. When an (Alleged) good team barely beats bad teams, it could possible destroy the confidence going up against a really good team, like the Steelers. (Can we really beat this team attitude). If the Skins are not careful and relly look at what they have not accomplished this team could be in for a rude awakening.

I know some here are not going to get what I am saying.

I know what you mean. Until he finishes the season. Zorn is still a blank slate as a coach. He could (knock on wood) still pull a Norv on us.

OTOH, you could say that the last few games have humbled us and convinced the team to not book those reservations in Tampa just yet. Humility > overconfidence.

Has anyone considered the team could possibly be destroying the confidence in the attitude of winning. When good team beat good teams, it creates confidence in winning. It develops an attitue and air of greatness. When an (Alleged) good team barely beats bad teams, it could possible destroy the confidence going up against a really good team, like the Steelers. (Can we really beat this team attitude). If the Skins are not careful and relly look at what they have not accomplished this team could be in for a rude awakening.

I know some here are not going to get what I am saying.

Besides the Lions, what bad teams are you referring to? The Rams who beat the Cowboys 34-14 or the Browns who beat the Giants 35-14.

No team in the league has had a tougher 7-game stretch than the Redskins. Now they are sitting at 6-2. This is not a young team. There are old veterans on this team who have been through Norv Turner, Schottenheimer, Spurrier, Gibbs II and now Zorn.

This team is way beyond what you are suggesting. This team knows exactly what it needs to do.

Guess what? You dont have to agree with what I am saying. My point is team implosion has happened many times. Who have the Redskins dominated? Why do they seem to become afraid, like airing it out against a team with a losing record with added deficiencies on offense and defense. I am not going to give more credit than it is do to this team. I believe as well as others, there is no killer instinct definitely not on offense. The skins have NOT play dominating ball against bad or meidiocre teams.

I read the article on Washingtonpost.com this morning, this team is remaining humble. The start doesn't satisfy this team. They want more. They want to convert those yards into points. They realize they have some injury concerns starting to mount: Springs, Taylor, Samules, Moss, etc.

But they are a good team, that doesn't think they're good. There is no overconfidence. No one is wanting to fast forward to the playoffs. No one is believing their own hype...like one certain team to the southwest. I won't name any names, but they were silver and blue, and a kind of blueish silver and royal blue...they play in that city that starts with 'D' and ends in 'allas.'

In 1991, Joe Gibbs had the most talented team he had ever had believing they weren't very good and that they would have to scrape and fight for every yard. I really don't see this team pulling a Norv.

I actually believe we are on the cusp of something special.

Besides the Lions, what bad teams are you referring to? The Rams who beat the Cowboys 34-14 or the Browns who beat the Giants 35-14.

No team in the league has had a tougher 7-game stretch than the Redskins. Now they are sitting at 6-2. This is not a young team. There are old veterans on this team who have been through Norv Turner, Schottenheimer, Spurrier, Gibbs II and now Zorn.

This team is way beyond what you are suggesting. This team knows exactly what it needs to do.

c/s this post.

/thread.

Well let's see, we have played against the top offenses and the bottom of the barrel in our last 8 games. We are 6-2. I think the players did the "over confidence" bit against the Rams, Browns and Lions but we still came out of that one at 2-1. Our next few games are against the so called "elite teams" and I just can't imagine our team getting over confident.

I think Coach Zorn hasn't shown all his cards and you'll see them turn it up a notch, knowing that this is the final push to get into the playoffs.

:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu

Well let's see, we have played against the top offenses and the bottom of the barrel in our last 8 games. We are 6-2. I think the players did the "over confidence" bit against the Rams, Browns and Lions but we still came out of that one at 2-1. Our next few games are against the so called "elite teams" and I just can't imagine our team getting over confident.

I think Coach Zorn hasn't shown all his cards and you'll see them turn it up a notch, knowing that this is the final push to get into the playoffs.

:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu:steelersu

I agree with you on Zorn. I think that he is trying to lull the other teams in the NFL to sleep on the Skins. I betcha we are going to see a lot more of the rookie receivers soon and more aggresive calling on offense and Defense. :cheers:

Archived