Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL's worst chokes (Redskins top 2)

benskins26

Yahoo had a link to the top 5 worst chokes in NFL history, and the skins were on the wrong side of the top 2. Ouch.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuCbPy6Sl6PUTOvflpQCVWpDubYF?slug=ys-forbesnflchokes102408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Personally I think it's Norwood, or the 93 bills oilers playoff game where the bills came back from a 32 point deficit, "The Comeback" as its called, but what it could equally be called, "The Choke". Maybe the media DOES hate us. J/k, kinda.

We did choke in the Riaders game, but anybody who doesn't put the Pats losing to the Giants in the Superbowl last year in the top 5 at least is not very bright. His only justification was the game was still close. The guy's list is not good at all, but I don't expect much from Yahoo anyways, they're football opinions are terrible, and they def. hate on the Skins. Heck, #1 was us losing to the Bears in 1940. WTF? The list isn't chokes anyways, as the guy seems to list mostly blowouts and upsets, not true chokes.

I don't think the margin of the loss always defines the size of the choke, which apparently this writer does. Sometimes teams have those days when absolutely nothing goes right.

And while he mentions the 49ers beating up the Broncos 55-10 in the Super Bowl, he fails to mention the Skins demolishing the Broncos 42-10 in the Super Bowl a few years earlier--while giving up a HUGE 35 points in one quarter after being ahead 10-0. Against the 49ers they were never ahead, not to mention that the Broncos had already lost two Super Bowls recently before losing to the 49ers, so it was to be kind of expected.

I don't think the margin of the loss always defines the size of the choke, which apparently this writer does. Sometimes teams have those days when absolutely nothing goes right.

And while he mentions the 49ers beating up the Broncos 55-10 in the Super Bowl, he fails to mention the Skins demolishing the Broncos 42-10 in the Super Bowl a few years earlier--while giving up a HUGE 35 points in one quarter after being ahead 10-0. Against the 49ers they were never ahead, not to mention that the Broncos had already lost two Super Bowls recently before losing to the 49ers, so it was to be kind of expected.

That loss by Denver was one of the biggest chokes. IIRC, before that no team had ever built a 10-0 lead (or maybe carry it into the second quarter) and lost the SB!

Archived