Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mlive: Can Lions find ways to get Calvin Johnson the ball? (Redskins Info)

Thinking Skins

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/10/can_lions_find_ways_to_get_cal.html

click the link for the full article.

4. Jason Campbell

In the first game of the season, the Washington quarterback looked terrible in a 16-7 loss to the New York Giants. The rumors spread throughout the NFL like wildfire that he couldn't grasp new head coach Jim Zorn's offense. Oops.

Ever since, Campbell has played an All-Pro level. He has led Washington to five wins in the past six games. He has completed 129-of-202 passing attempts (63.9 percent) for 1,426 yards, seven touchdowns and no interceptions. His passer rating is 96.3. How's that for efficient?

The Washington offense is powered first by its running game, but Campbell has done a masterful job of managing the clock and putting his team in position to challenge the Giants in the NFC East.

5. Devin Thomas

A couple of rookie wide receivers in the NFL have flourished this season: Eddie Royal (Denver) and DeSean Jackson (Philadelphia). Unfortunately, former Michigan State standout Thomas isn't having as much fun. He has caught just four passes for 40 yards and had one rushing attempt for 16 yards.

It'll at least be a nice homecoming for him this weekend. Against the 31st-ranked pass defense of the Lions, he might even get into the scoring act for the first time in his NFL career.

CJ draws a favorable matchup since our top CB, Shawn Springs, is out, eh?

Someone should give the writer a memo that Carlos Rogers took over that role at the beginning of the year.

As good as Rogers is, Springs' game is playing against bigger receivers. I'm not surprised they mentioned his absence, but with so few threats on their offense it shouldn't hurt for him to be sidelined.

Campbell has really stepped up and playing with the right kind of head. He's making the right decisions and putting this team in the best position. This offense clicks with Portis, but Campbell is doing exactly what he needs to do. Not make mistakes. He's not gonna be considered an "elite" QB, but he's winning football games, and i'll take that any day of the week.

I hate to post "coulda shoulda woulda's," but Devin Thomas would have had a huge day against the Cardinals had he not been flagged for offensive PI (both calls were questionable) and that unnecessary roughness on Heyer that negated a 60+ yard TD. I think he would have had 4 catches for around 120 yds and a TD. That would certainly qualify as a breakout game.

Archived