Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good stand up comedy to get??

WVUforREDSKINS

I have been going through my comedy albums and realize I need to get some more. It gets old listen to the same stuff.

So ES what should I get.

I have or have heard.

All Chappelle's stuff

David Cross (shut up you ****ing baby, its not funny, and an unknown album that makes fun of James lipton, talks about being in Seattle airport ect)

Bill Hicks (Rant in E minor)

All Carlin

Paul Mooney (R.A.C.E.)

Patton Oswalt (werewolves and lollipops, feelin' kinda Patton)

Demitri Martin

Lewis Black (heard it all I think)

Mitch Hedgeberg (strategic grill locations)

Jim Gaffigan (beyond the pale)

My fav's are Patton, Cross, and of course Carlin and Hicks. So this is my taste, what am I missing?

If you only have Strategic Grill Locations, I would say get Mitch's other album 'Mitch Altogether', it comes with a DVD of his Comedy Central special.

I would also recommend Dmetri Martin's 'Person' and Mitch Fatel's 'Miniskirts and Muffins'. :)

Both of these comics are genius in their own way. Demitri reminds me a lot of Mitch. I said that to a big Mitch fan and I think he wanted to beat me up.

I'll have to check out Mitch's other work. Personally though, I like the comics that have a view on things and don't just do word play like Mitch and Demitri.

But, no doubt they are hilarious and deserve a spot among the elites.

Was he another one we lost to drug abuse?

Im actually listening to some of his stuff right now. He was a deep thinker.

Yeah, he OD'd.

He talks fast, the first time I listened to him I wasn't prepared for that.

But yeah, he's a deeper thinker. People at the time couldn't look past the bad language he used. Hugh Hefner was a big supporter of his, so were people like Allen Ginsburg and Bob Dylan.

You can argue that modern standup comedy starts with Lenny Bruce.

Louis CK. Just watched his Showtime special ....

I was acutally about to mention him. I've liked what i've heard and he sounds like one of those common sense/be happy with what you got comedians. I saw one bit he was talking about how no one should ever complain on an airplane because you are sitting in air going 300+ mph and if that isn't enough for you then **** off... or something like that.

I like his style and I watched his show a couple times. Might be one I pick up.

I often hear Lenny Bruce referred to as one in the trinity. (Bruce, Prior, Carlin)

Archived