Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis weights 223 Pounds?!

rdskn4eva

Yeah, I don't buy it. NFL teams are no different than teams at lower levels; they fudge their numbers a bit. I've certainly never worked the carnival circuit but to me he looks like he's @ 215 max. Whatever his weight, it's working for him. He's big enough to push the pile when he needs to, but still light enough to make guys miss and turn on the afterburners once in a while.

He's a legit power back. He gained a bunch of weight/muscle during his 2nd year under Gibbs. Now that he's been this weight for quite some time we see his full transformation into a bruising butterfly. I still can't forget that 4th and 1 to clinch the win. 2 years ago Portis wasn't able to do that. I'd have Betts, Sellers or Rock for short yardage but now Portis can do it.

He's a legit power back. He gained a bunch of weight/muscle during his 2nd year under Gibbs. Now that he's been this weight for quite some time we see his full transformation into a bruising butterfly. I still can't forget that 4th and 1 to clinch the win. 2 years ago Portis wasn't able to do that. I'd have Betts, Sellers or Rock for short yardage but now Portis can do it.

He's been doing it his entire career. I don't know why people always thought Sellers or LB could do it. Hell, Sellers can't do it now. He excels in the open field.

Archived