Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A redskins fan AND a ravens fan??

ke27on

Is it really necessary to hate the ravens just because you like redskins? We barely even play each other, and they really arent that far. It's not like they are a fellow nfc east opponent, or even in the nfc AT ALL.

Mainly i was just wondering where all the hate was coming from? I happen to like the nationals and the orioles. The orioles were there a lot longer, so i was an orioles fan back then, and still am now. I like how the ravens have a good defense and ray lewis, i also like they generally keep fighting no matter how it looks in the game.

If you hate the ravens, why is that?

(*of course when we play the ravens, ill hate them on that particular weekend*)

:point2sky

I feel the need to add that I dont like the teams equally. If the ravens lose, im not mad. If the redskins lose im mad the whole week. Mainly I mean, i casually like the ravens. Whereas I am a diehard redskins fan and on the season ticket waiting list. Mostly I dont see any reason requiring me to HATE the ravens.

Suck? Ravens have a superbowl this decade...

Rule 1: You only like 1 team, The Washington Redskins

Rule 2: You must hate the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants

Rule 3: you don't have to hate any other NFL team not in the NFC East

When rules 2&3 might not apply: One should most likely hate the patriots for being cheaters.

That is it.

and why is that? There are plenty of teams i dislike. and plenty im ambivalent on. Do you have a reason you hate them?

Did you like the Browns before the Ravens were a team? Cause that's who they are. They're the Cleveland Browns after they folded. They were bought and named the Baltimore Ravens.

i edited my original post. I know they are the browns, and im sure if i was from cleveland id hate them. Mainly i happen to get to see them play sometimes and I dont mind them. Redskins are obviously my #1 team by FAR. There are no circumstances where I would ever root for the ravens over the redskins NONE.

However, I see no reason i have to hate them. And why I cant casually follow a team and root for them (once them winning doesnt adversely affect the redskins).

And yes, I do hate cowboys, eagles and giants. Part of why i like the ravens is that they beat the giants, who i hate, in the super bowl. Last year i was so disgusted with the patriots, i was happy the giants won. Im back to hating the giants now though.

I mainly hate the ravens for their fans. They were skins fans until ravens showed up and played well and they hopped the bandwagon. They now despise the redskins and their fans. They try to start a rivalry (battle of the beltway or whatever) and its pathetic. Hardly and true fans over there in my opinion. **** the Ravens, and I hope as many skins fans as possible can go to their home and overtake it come dec 7. I will be there I hope most of you will as well!

Fan is short for fanatic....so please tell me how if you are a real fan and therefore abide by the definition of fanatic how you could possibly like two teams? Thats just not possible bro. And its in my opinion that you should pick ONE....and being that you've already stated that you are a "fan" of the Ravens...being the pathetic, Redskin-envy team they are i vote you just go ahead and leave us real fans here with our Skins and join up with the trash in bmore.

ok, great. question the fandom of someone you dont even know. and talk trash about them. I totally understand the other intelligent poster who gave me reasons why he hates the ravens which I understand.

Do you like any college sports? Do you only like ONE college team? Or do you like several of them. While you like one more than others.

Some of you guys need to lighten up and settle down. If you've never met me, you have no idea how much I am.. or am not a fan. Chill out!

And for the record, if i did go to the baltimore game, i would be cheering solely for the redskins, as I like the redskins a lot more than i like the ravens. The point is, that i dont HATE the ravens, and i see nothing wrong with them.

Ok, I was raised as a skins fan, and I still am after the ravens came. The redskins will always come first but I am definitely a big Ravens fan also since I lived closer to Baltimore all of my life. I don't see anything wrong with liking them both but I always knew I would have to take a side when they played eachother or an issue like this comes up, and that team is the Skins. I get pissed when the Ravens lose but I get even more pissed when the Skins lose. If they were rivals then the fact of liking the Skins and Ravens would be an issue, but they play in different conferences and only play eachother once every 4 years and possibly more with a Superbowl but that doesn't look like its happening anytime soon.

ok, great. question the fandom of someone you dont even know. and talk trash about them. I totally understand the other intelligent poster who gave me reasons why he hates the ravens which I understand.

Do you like any college sports? Do you only like ONE college team? Or do you like several of them. While you like one more than others.

Some of you guys need to lighten up and settle down. If you've never met me, you have no idea how much I am.. or am not a fan. Chill out!

And for the record, if i did go to the baltimore game, i would be cheering solely for the redskins, as I like the redskins a lot more than i like the ravens. The point is, that i dont HATE the ravens, and i see nothing wrong with them.

If you dont want to hear what people have to say you shouldn't post nosense about being a fan of two teams.

I understand you cuban. And I appreciate your logical addition to the thread. Rather than something silly like "give your fan card back". I dont happen to know any ravens fans so none of them make me mad.

Thinking about it, i hate most NY teams because i cant stand their fans. I'm not gonna hate a team we dont play, unless i have a reason for it (ie some players seem like jerks *cough* tom brady *cough*).

I don't know if people are getting confused and think I would be unsure of who I would be rooting for when the skins play the ravens. No part of me will be supporting them. However, I have nothing against them doing well once it doesnt affect the redskins.

Archived