Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Healthy Rogers finally mans up

skinzdar55

But this can't be! I thought Rogers was a bust!!?!?!

Many people have been able to realize that Carlos is our top corner. He was among the best last season before his season, and he picked up right where he started last season. Hopefully as he continues to heal from his injury he continues to improve in all aspects of his game.

I think many people also don't realize that sometimes allowing his reciever to make the catch is the right play. As long as he stops him before the first down line it's still a positive play, assuming of course he isn't setting up a field goal.

I'd say Rogers has lived up to his draft status, and will continue to prove it throughout his career. Especially if he ever learns how to catch.

Just a reminder that just because a player isn't all world when he enters the league doesn't mean he can't make something of himself. Remember that when you look at our rookie class.

];5699690']He handled Holt' date=' though Holt doesn't seem to be as good as he used to be.[/quote']

He also did a good job against TO when Springs went out.

More than anything else, we'll need Landry deep. Edwards is frightening if he is even side-by-side with a DB deep down field. He can make us pay.

That is, if he holds onto the ball. Drops have been his biggest issue so far this year.

Jason

Really nice article on Carlos. I'm glad to see the confidence his coaches have in him and the maturity he's showing by coming to work on Tuesday to get into his next opponent.

Mark my words. Carlos will finish with 6-7 interceptions this season. He is a shutdown corner right now, and I hope to see him continue to grow and relish in that role.:applause:

Out of those three CBs, Smoot, Carlos, and Springs, two must be out on the field for the redskins defense to work. They play a ton of man, which is not a problem for these CBs but if they are out I'd expect to see a cover two shell with a lot of blitzing.

Archived