Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was that joe gibbs game plan?

LUVEM&HATEEM

It just seem to me like the game plan was to keep it close and try to pull it off at the end like gibbs use to preach. Why we are playing the Rams? I know we had turnovers but we didnt attack at all we kept it short and unsweet. Good teams dominate sorry teams and compete with the best. And as much as people talk about us we dont put up enough points to be one of the best right now. I dont question Zorns ability to coach I was just wondering if anyone seen gibbs hanging around redskin park with zorn this week?

It just seem to me like the game plan was to keep it close and try to pull it off at the end like gibbs use to preach. Why we are playing the Rams? I know we had turnovers but we didnt attack at all we kept it short and unsweet. Good teams dominate sorry teams and compete with the best. And as much as people talk about us we dont put up enough points to be one of the best right now. I dont question Zorns ability to coach I was just wondering if anyone seen gibbs hanging around redskin park with zorn this week?

Yeah, it's always the fault of the man that brought us 3 Super Bowls, right? :doh:

Yeah, it's always the fault of the man that brought us 3 Super Bowls, right? :doh:

OK live in the past. Its looked like his gameplan to me have you been watching us the last four years keeping every game close. Football aint about what you did 20 years ago more like what have you done for me lately

OK live in the past. Its looked like his gameplan to me have you been watching us the last four years keeping every game close. Football aint about what you did 20 years ago more like what have you done for me lately

I'm not living in the past. He led us to 2 playoff appearances in the last 3 years after we were the laughing stock of the league.

Was it Jim Zorn's gameplan when Detroit came to FedEx last year and lost 34-3?

How about that time we beat dallas 27-6?

Coach Gibbs had no problem winning games in convincing fashion, yet people want to take blame/take shots at him when he's not even here.

LOL Gibbs game plan to only keep games close. Yet he in two of the 3 super bowls they scored over 37 points. I am sure Gibbs game plan was to get ahead on a team. And then turn the ball over to keep the game close. And then win at the end. Gibbs a man with admitted anxiety problems wanted the games to be close so that he could get on his knees.

Obviously you don't know coach speak. When a coach talks about winning a game at the end its macho speak. Saying we are tougher then them. Its not saying we want the game to be close.

I'm not living in the past. He led us to 2 playoff appearances in the last 3 years after we were the laughing stock of the league.

Coach Gibbs had no problem winning games in convincing fashion, yet people want to take blame/take shots at him when he's not even here.

These Gibbs haters are clowns. They have become trollish. Everthing is the past. 1 second ago was the past. You defend Gibbs with his acomplishments and all they SAY is STOP LIVING IN THE PAST! Its weak.

Please, take your bashing of our HOF, three time SB winning coach somewhere else.

He took us to the playoffs two of the last three years.

Before that, we'd been once in a dozen years.

Peddle this crap someplace else.

Please.

"Live in the past"?

So who's bringing up a coach who isn't here anymore, as if he had anything to do with the "GAME PLAN" today? :silly:

at time it did but i wanna talk about all these whacked out fans giving props to GIbbs for our success prior to todays loss against the rams. where are these peeps? why arent ya out today blaming it on GIbbs! i mean we basically beat ourselves right so players fed up by making mistakes right. its not like we played well and was beaten by a better team. we beat ourselves and since these whacked out fans gave all credit to Gibbs for picking these players............ OH brother. these whacky fans i tell ya.

Good teams dominate sorry teams and compete with the best.

To be fair, the winless Bengals took the Giants to OT and kept it very close against the Cowboys, and I think you'd consider those to be good teams. I'm not at all happy about the loss, but stuff happens, and we should've scored between 25-30 points if it weren't for the costly turnovers.

Look the team aka:players were horrible but Zorn didnt help. The game plan was horrible, you have to go down field and you have to get Moss involved! One word....Shotgun!

this is exactly what i told those whacky fans that gave Gibbs so much props. I told them that when the skins win, its all gibbs. gibbs picked our core players..... but when skins lose, they will not blame it on gibbs. gibbs name wouldnt even be mentioned once and it wil be zorn's fault. LOL

To be fair, the winless Bengals took the Giants to OT and kept it very close against the Cowboys, and I think you'd consider those to be good teams. I'm not at all happy about the loss, but stuff happens, and we should've scored between 25-30 points if it weren't for the costly turnovers.

so what part of giants and cowbgirls beating the bengals do u not understand? giants beat teams they were suppose to. same with cowgirls.

so what part of giants and cowbgirls beating the bengals do u not understand? giants beat teams they were suppose to. same with cowgirls.

Do you read much? The OP said good teams DOMINATE sorry teams. Yes, importantly, the Giants and Cowboys did beat the Benglas, but at least the final score of those games doesn't indicate domination.

In fact, the Skins did outgain the Rams by over 150 yards. The Rams had EIGHT first downs the whole game. But when you leave as many points you did on the carpet, and have one cause at least a 10-point swing, there's a good chance you're gonna lose.

That wasn't Joe's gameplan but it was a damn pathetic one. The Lambs had 3 healthy corners but we couldn't run 4 wides because both times we tried it we fumbled. Just a horrible day all around. This team was in position to make a statement. Instead they proved they are a team that plays to there opponents level. Just pathetic.

this is exactly what i told those whacky fans that gave Gibbs so much props. I told them that when the skins win, its all gibbs. gibbs picked our core players..... but when skins lose, they will not blame it on gibbs. gibbs name wouldnt even be mentioned once and it wil be zorn's fault. LOL

Some people have been the opposite. When the Skins lost they blamed it on Gibbs when they won it was "finally he let the players do their thing". What no one seems to consider is maybe the players aren't as great as we think they are. We certainly have some fine players but so do most other teams. The fact is none of us really know, we just react emotionally more than logically. Some say, why no deep passes? Well they could've have been called and the receivers were covered or the pass rush was too strong so Campbell dumped the ball off. Just because we didn't like the results doesn't necessarily mean it was the playcalling. He may be but we don't really know.

Do you read much? The OP said good teams DOMINATE sorry teams. Yes, importantly, the Giants and Cowboys did beat the Benglas, but at least the final score of those games doesn't indicate domination.

In fact, the Skins did outgain the Rams by over 150 yards. The Rams had EIGHT first downs the whole game. But when you leave as many points you did on the carpet, and have one cause at least a 10-point swing, there's a good chance you're gonna lose.

u seem to have a hard time telling the difference between a win and a loss. bengals stayed in the game but giants and the cowgirls won. again, what part of that do you not understand? cowboys also beat the browns and the giants beat the rams and the seahawks. teams they were suppose to beat.

skins did outplayed the rams but Turnovers did us in right? last time i checked turonvers are part of the game and great teams overcome turnovers against crappy teams. but again, at the end of the day, skins didnt win. what part of that do u not understand.

That wasn't Joe's gameplan but it was a damn pathetic one. The Lambs had 3 healthy corners but we couldn't run 4 wides because both times we tried it we fumbled. Just a horrible day all around. This team was in position to make a statement. Instead they proved they are a team that plays to there opponents level. Just pathetic.

Instead they proved they are a team that plays to there opponents level. Just pathetic.

Exactly. If we are going to be a top team in this league we have to keep it steady and cant play sorry just because we are playing a sory team

Im not blaming Gibbs for the loss. But that trying to pull it off late sh#t is in the way (Gibbs style) We needed to attack and punish them and be more aggressive. Ok just to remind you it is 2008 not the 80's or early 90's Gibbs was great then but Gibbs 2 did not live up to the hype sorry to tell you that. And then just walk out on us so he can run to the race track.

Im not blaming Gibbs for the loss. But that trying to pull it off late sh#t is in the way (Gibbs style) We needed to attack and punish them and be more aggressive. Ok just to remind you it is 2008 not the 80's or early 90's Gibbs was great then but Gibbs 2 did not live up to the hype sorry to tell you that. And then just walk out on us so he can run to the race track.

This is what you can't teach to people who don't understand football.

there is a reason the team is not aggresive under any coach. THEY DONT HAVE THAT TYPE OF TALENT. You can fault Gibbs for that. But no coach would say no to WRs running open down the middle of the field deep.

You can't just throw deep if no one is open. The ball will be intercepted 90 percent of the time if you just chuck down the field.

2, just because a QB throws to his check down does not mean a coach designed it to go to the checkdown. I notice people who don't know football think if Campbell throws a 5 yard pass to Betts the coach called that play. Its usually a checkdown because someone else could not get open.

No coach goes into a game and says I WANT TO SCORE 17 today .

Archived