Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Video of mccain/palin rally - wtf?

Hooper

BTW, the system of checks and balances is three fold; Executive, Legislative and Judicial and right now the Judicial branch is controlled by conservatives, so the system of checks and balances are still very much in affect.

Sorry but Judicial is conservative in name only. If you dont believe me, take a look at the vote to allow enemy combatants in Cuba the right to a lawyer and a trial. Not really a conservative position.

Sorry but Judicial is conservative in name only. If you dont believe me, take a look at the vote to allow enemy combatants in Cuba the right to a lawyer and a trial. Not really a conservative position.

Actually, that's not what that opinion said. I know it was portrayed that way by a lot of people, but they do NOT have a right to a trial.

You're totally right. What if someone does make an attempt on Obama's life and claims he was prompted to by a speech that McCain gave which made him "realize" that Obama is a terrorist?

People are responsible for thier actions. The example is no different that someone listening to Heavy Metal or Rap and then killing people and blaming it on the music! But, you know that.

People are responsible for thier actions. The example is no different that someone listening to Heavy Metal or Rap and then killing people and blaming it on the music! But, you know that.

That's true, people are responsible for their actions. If you are going to convince a million people that someone is a terrorist, and rile them up to the point of assassinating them, then you have committed an act which you should be responsible for.

I think its different than the rap/rock and roll scenario where the person is 1) making music and not promoting political action; and 2) is not actively interacting with the idiot who commits a crime.

I'm not pretending that McCain will ever be held responsible for the acts of his constituents. I'm just saying, he knows what he's doing and he's doing it on purpose.

I agree, to a point. The leaders cannot control everything that their followers think and say, however when they allow those things to be said openly, repeatedly and without correction in their presence then in some way they are not being leaders, but simply pandering to the worst within us.

If you want leadership and integrity then don't vote for a professional politician. And definetly don't vote for a senator to become President.

I'm sure if you taped enough of Obama's rallies you would find the same behaviors, and I doubt that Obama would be stopping his prepared speech to correct people's outbursts.

That's true, people are responsible for their actions. If you are going to convince a million people that someone is a terrorist, and rile them up to the point of assassinating them, then you have committed an act which you should be responsible for.

I think its different than the rap/rock and roll scenario where the person is 1) making music and not promoting political action; and 2) is not actively interacting with the idiot who commits a crime.

I'm not pretending that McCain will ever be held responsible for the acts of his constituents. I'm just saying, he knows what he's doing and he's doing it on purpose.

There is a difference between casting doubt about someones judgement and relationships, and deliberately attempting to convince people that someone is wearing explosives on thier person when they go to church.

If you want leadership and integrity then don't vote for a professional politician. And definetly don't vote for a senator to become President.

I'm sure if you taped enough of Obama's rallies you would find the same behaviors, and I doubt that Obama would be stopping his prepared speech to correct people's outbursts.

I doubt Code Pink is calling for McCain to be killed.

Ahhh, but here's the trick...as a pastor I am completely responsible for what I say to my people, if I incite them to violence then I am just as responsible because of what I say, and if I am their "leader" and I do not put a stop to brewing hatred and quell potential violence than I am not their leader unless those are the things I want.

And they're actually going to let you vote? :doh:

Yea. They let you vote? Let me guess, you voted for W. twice and think everything is great right now? And FTR, there's a different video we were discussing.

There is a difference between casting doubt about someones judgement and relationships, and deliberately attempting to convince people that someone is wearing explosives on thier person when they go to church.

Exactly.

Ahhh, but here's the trick...as a pastor I am completely responsible for what I say to my people, if I incite them to violence then I am just as responsible because of what I say, and if I am their "leader" and I do not put a stop to brewing hatred and quell potential violence than I am not their leader unless those are the things I want.

You're a pastor, and you're voting for a Mooslim Islamic Terrorist communist?!

;)

Vote fraud, by anyone, is bad, and if ACORN was involved, that chapter should be investigated.

The entire farce, though, with ACORN, is that Republicans and McCain supporters could care little about the voting irregularities in the 2000 and 2004 elections. Nor do they voice a single word of protest about the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of Americans who are being disenfranchised NOW, often with mechanisms used by the various state Republican parties. This issue with ACORN pales in comparison with the efforts of the GOP to disenfranchise voters, often the poor and the "coloured," and to directly affect the vote in swing states.

We saw this in Florida in 2000, in Ohio in 2004, and now, in 2008, in other vital battleground states.

And this isn't even to mention the direct Republican connection with DIEBOLD, one of the largest voting machine manufacturers, and, in turn, the connection between DIEBOLD and voting irregularities.

This is something definitely to watch on Election Day, because I feel like we are going to see some really funny business come out of this volatile campaign.

The following page discusses the ACORN "scandal," some of which is based upon some bogus accusations, and real GOP efforts to affect the vote:

http://www.bradblog.com/

Obama interrupts his speeches all the time to respond to people, that's part of what makes him so likeable in his speeches, yet if someone started shouting "terrorist" regarding McCain where Obama could hear it and visibly respond to it (as can be seen in the McCain speech) and Obama didn't correct the fool who shouted it then yes I would be disappointed in him to and be saying the same things to him, but as of yet I have not seen any evidence nor claims that would make me think that this is happening. And apparently this problem is getting bad enough that the Secret Service is actually investigating these reports.

Obama interrupts his speeches all the time to respond to people, that's part of what makes him so likeable in his speeches, yet if someone started shouting "terrorist" regarding McCain where Obama could hear it and visibly respond to it (as can be seen in the McCain speech) and Obama didn't correct the fool who shouted it then yes I would be disappointed in him to and be saying the same things to him, but as of yet I have not seen any evidence nor claims that would make me think that this is happening. And apparently this problem is getting bad enough that the Secret Service is actually investigating these reports.

Agreed. I hold Obama to the same standard.

Archived