Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: The Bell Tolls: Still-average Romo not yet among elite QBs

bubba9497

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-10-03-the-bell-tolls_N.htm

Click link for entire article

The Bell Tolls: Still-average Romo sits to pee not yet among elite QBs

Dallas QB Tony Romo sits to pee has as many interceptions (10) as touchdown passes (10) in his last eight games.

belltollsx-large.jpg

1. As The Cowboys Turn. When Terrell Owens fell for the inquisitive bait — and expressed displeasure with the number of "opportunities" in Sunday's loss to Washington — Big D went on official T.O. Watch.

Some declared the Cowboys receiver was poised to spoil team chemistry. In reality, although Owens' remarks were off-base for a player who had an NFL-high 13 passes thrown to him last weekend, they weren't venomous or classic whine material. No big deal. Still, it seemed that Tony Romo sits to pee tried to force some throws to T.O. last Sunday, following Owens' two-catch outing the previous week at Green Bay.

Given the extra drama this week, it will be interesting to see if such a pattern continues when Dallas faces Cincinnati's porous D on Sunday at Texas Stadium. A pattern that should concern Dallas fans even more:

Romo sits to pee's turnovers.

In his last eight games dating to last season, including the playoff loss to the Giants, Romo sits to pee has thrown just as many INTs (10) as he has TD passes (10). Never mind the 300-yard passing games. Frequent turnovers aren't the sign of an elite quarterback, status Romo sits to pee has been widely granted despite never winning a playoff game.

For comparison, consider Eli Manning. During his past eight games, including postseason, the Giants' quarterback has 14 TD passes and just three picks. Makes a difference.

And yet, Romo sits to pee continues to get a reputation as an 'elite' qb...

Why?

-- Fox's #1 team is a former puke qb and his side kick has as much substance as jello;

-- ESPN is the home of former pukes; They did a special the other day on TO! :doh:

-- Romo sits to pee hasn't been pressured. When he is, he makes dumb mistakes...but until this article, it hasn't been a big story;

-- His biggest 'come back game' in Buffalo last year was a result of his SIX turnovers;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_White

One thing about TO, he said he was going to make up for the lack of catches in GB, instead of being happy with the win no matter what his stats were. This made Romo sits to pee try and force the ball to him, thus abandoning their running game (which wasn't working anyway) but you still have to try and run the ball. The margin was never more than 10 and you shouldn't give up on it, but TO has them all under his thumb. Someone on the team (coach, player, owner, anyone) needs to stand up to him and tell him to STFU. But everyone is scared of him.

I love this kind of math lets go back only as far as it takes to make the point I want to write about

Nevermind the fact the 8 games before that he had 22 TDs to 6 INTs

nevermind the fact that his last 16 games have produced 32 TDs to 16 INTs lets only use the criteria that makes my point less stupid

dont act like you are above the media picking and choosing stats. they do it to every team including the skins...

you guys are on a low right now and need to get used to negative articles. You may be titled "Americas Team" by BSPN but to the rest of the football world you are just the Cowboys.

I love this kind of math lets go back only as far as it takes to make the point I want to write about

nevermind the fact that his last 16 games have produced 32 TDs to 16 INTs lets only use the criteria that makes my point less stupid

And what happened during Romo sits to pee's last 8 games that might skew his numbers away from a 3.5:1 TD:INT ratio?

Couldn't have been another late-season/post-season choke for the Cowboys?

I like how BigD ignores the obvious, the 8 games include Romo sits to pee's problem zone.... where "elite" QB's shine

December and the Playoffs, the problem is this year he is starting in Dec. form

maybe teams are getting a book on how to defend Romo sits to pee, so he can't pad stats against bad teams as before

You know, I would tend to agree with you. I used to love hockey stats like, with the ties... the Caps are winless in 4 of their last 6; then they win a game, and they haven't lost in 3 of the last 4! You can twist stats, I agree with you there.

However, I would think it's a little concerning that Romo sits to pee has not looked great since the middle of last season, isn't it? I watched the Cleveland and the Philly games, and he looked OK. Not as good as he did last year, but OK. Better than a lot of QBs, granted. I wonder though, is it possible teams now have some tape on him and can game plan a little better?? :whoknows:

It's obvious he's in a decline OR he's finally playing some quality defenses.

All of last year, he played teams that were in transition defensively or had key players out.

It's no surprise he's looking like an ORDINARY NFL qb this year.

I like how BigD ignores the obvious, the 8 games include Romo sits to pee's problem zone.... where "elite" QB's shine

December and the Playoffs, the problem is this year he is starting in Dec. form

maybe teams are getting a book on how to defend Romo sits to pee, so he can't pad stats against bad teams as before

by principal i take what you say with a grain of salt because of your unmatched homerism, but you are spot ****ing on with this assessment.

I dont see how you can disagree with that BigD.

by principal i take what you say with a grain of salt because of your unmatched homerism, but you are spot ****ing on with this assessment.

I dont see how you can disagree with that BigD.

my unmatched homerism? :rotflmao:

1. There is no bigger homer than BigD except THA

2. the point of the article was Romo sits to pee doesn't get it done in important games.... NFCE games, December and the Playoffs to be an elite QB.... why including stats that are irrevelant to the point

3. Much too many posters misinformed amazement... I'm far from a homer, and provide more unbias points than most that post here. It's only people who can't defend their point, or never read my posts, who will call me a homer.

2. the point of the article was Romo sits to pee doesn't get it done in important games.... NFCE games,

Romo sits to pee has played well in big games and NFCE games. Last year some of his best games were in big games and NFCE games. Twice vs. NYG, @ Philly, vs. Wash, vs. GB. This year vs. Philly. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

2. the point of the article was Romo sits to pee doesn't get it done in important games.... NFCE games,

Romo sits to pee has played well in big games and NFCE games. Last year some of his best games were in big games and NFCE games. Twice vs. NYG, @ Philly, vs. Wash, vs. GB. This year vs. Philly. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Romo sits to pee fumbled for a TD against the Iggles and that could have cost them the game if McNabb didnt completely fall apart and fumble twice. and then he threw a pick to Horton when you were driving nicely.

id say he hasnt played well against the NFC East so far.

Romo sits to pee fumbled for a TD against the Iggles and that could have cost them the game if McNabb didnt completely fall apart and fumble twice. and then he threw a pick to Horton when you were driving nicely.

Never mind his 3 TD's in both games? :rolleyes: Why is Romo sits to pee's fumble so horrible and McNabb simply "fell apart." Romo sits to pee's mistakes made the game interesting vs. Philly. His rating was was over 120 in that game and did much more to win the game than to lose it.

He did have a costly mistake vs. the skins but he played a nice game. 3td's to 1 pick is nothing to sneeze at. Not much he can do when the skins are dominating top for 40 minutes.

id say he hasnt played well against the NFC East so far

I'd say he's one of the best QB's in the NFL only in his second full season with a 22-8 record.

because his fumble was in his own end zone and caused a defensive TD perhaps? i dont know, 7 points for the other team is pretty bad. dont get all defensive because you didnt like how i talked about mcnabb, the thread and comments were mainly about Romo sits to pee and his lack of being the best qb in the nfc east. he has a problem with messing up during big time games.

because his fumble was in his own end zone and caused a defensive TD perhaps?
Right, exactly my point. BOTH fumbles were costly and BOTH led to points. Not too difficult.
Romo sits to pee and his lack of being the best qb in the nfc east.

Who is the best QB in the NFCE and rank them?

:rotflmao:

NFL tying one-and-done playoff losses.

Awesome!

Romo sits to pee ended both of his playoff games with costly mistakes that sealed the loss

most of Romo sits to pee's worse QB rated games are alway in the December stretch run

He's 1-3 in his last 4 starts against the Skins

Right, exactly my point. BOTH fumbles were costly and BOTH led to points. Not too difficult.

Who is the best QB in the NFCE and rank them?

stop being so defensive man. Romo sits to pee has ****ed up in the 2 games and cost his team points. nobody said that mcnabb didnt **** that game away but this isnt about mcnabb. this is about Romo sits to pee

Peyton Manning was considered elite long before he could win any playoff or ''big'' late-season games. Not saying Romo sits to pee is anywhere near Manning yet, but he's obviously above average.

:wtf:

Manning shines in December AND Won several playoff games

but until he beat NE in the playoffs... he was doubted, and not considered "elite"

beside he never makes the bonehead mistakes Romo sits to pee is prone to do

Archived