Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

calling all skins fans in boston

boston skins fan

Well its mid week and we need to bump up to see if we can get more of a crew at the point this week. I took hoglovers advice and went to the point to watch the game he showed up and so did about 4 other skins fans that i dont believe are es members. but it turned into a skins bar from 1 to four.

I say lets do this again at the point and see if we can get more heads in there.

• 2 weeks later...
FYI - there's a nice contingent of us in RI... but we meet in South County (Wakefield, RI)... so that's quite a hike for the rest of you.

If ya'll try Providence - I can roll in 7 deep.

I've been up in Providence for about 6 weeks now on a job. I go to MacFadden's (52 Pine St Providence, RI 02903 (401) 861-1782). There are something like 4-6 faces I count on seeing every week in Skins gear. Never had any problems there, but they show ALL the week's games, and I'm just waiting for the inevitable drunken scuffle with Beagles, Cowgirls, or Vagiants ****s.

Anyone getting together for the Lions/Skins game on Sunday? The Pats are on at the same time, so anywhere we go will be filled with annoying New England fans.

I might - MIGHT - be going to Sports Depot for this. One of my wife's childhood friends is visiting from Belfast NI and has asked to go to a sports bar to watch a game. I'll post here if we're going - we could show the Pats fans what it's like to root for a team with history.

And your statement about the annoying NE fans goes for Boston in general, not just during games. :D

I left Boston in '05 after graduation from BC, but my little brother is a senior there now and claims he has the perfect setup for Redskins games. Apparently there is a new bar called the Brighton Beer Garden which has Sunday Ticket. According to my little brother if you get there early enough, you can "reserve" a TV/booth area to watch the team of your choice. Just figured I'd pass that info along. Here's the website:

http://www.brightonbeergarden.com/

Here's the address:

386 Market Street

Brighton, MA 02135

He's lucky - I never had anything like this when I was up there. Usually all I could do was check the gametracker on espn.com.

For any northern MA or Southern NH people on the board, I am again offering up Reflections in Chelmsford. They have 10+ TVs. Not terribly crowded. Of course the Pat's game audio will be on really loud, but I hardly ever have a problem getting a TV to myself to watch the SKINS. Plus, there should be some wings and fries, maybe pizza at half time.

Oh I'm just seeing this thread. I can't make it anywhere this weekend, but I may be down in boston during the cowboys game in a few weeks. Hopefully I can find some people to watch the game with.

This is also a raincheck weekend for me as well, but would love to attend a GTG with as many Skins fans that we can get up here.

• 4 weeks later...

A coworker and I will be in town on business for the December 7th game, we r both huge Skins fans, we are staying at the Courtyard by Marriot at Copley Square on Exeter Street. Whats the best place near there to catch a game.

Any other advice on what we should do to kill some down time while we r there?

Oh and they just changed the time of the game to 8:15

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I missed your post before. If it is like most games, there will be several of us at Coolidge Corner Clubhouse in Brookline. You'd just take the Green Line's C Line from Copley Outbound about 7 stops, get off the train and walk North (perpendicular to the train line) up Harvard Avenue about 2 blocks. It will be on your right.

I'll probably get there for the second half of the Cowgirls game and stay throughout.

If you want something closer, you could go to Game On! by Fenway. Huge sports bar. Get off at the Kenmore stop on the Green Line, walk to the corner and make a left, can't miss it.

Archived