Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drew Magary: "The Death of the Black Quarterback"

E33Green

The writer sounds like an angry dude. He does make a good point when it comes to QBs in college.

He does a pretty humorous preview of NFL match ups every Thursday on Deadspin. I thought this one was worth posting since it discusses a subject near and dear to many of our hearts.

He does a pretty humorous preview of NFL match ups every Thursday on Deadspin. I thought this one was worth posting since it discusses a subject near and dear to many of our hearts.

I'm just wondering when someone is going to post on the death of the white Running Back...I mean c'mon there aren't many starting in the league ;)

OK, the Buckwheat on the tombstone is racist.

The mobile QB is NOT dead. McNabb was just running around on Monday Night and he was Vick before Vick came about. But the difference was McNabb has an arm and Vick was a less then 50% completion rated QB at VT.

"This is a bad omen for the future of black quarterbacks in the league. People use terms like “mobile quarterbacks” and “pocket passers” as a way of both differentiating quarterbacks by way of style and, unfairly, race"

Steve Young was a mobile QB. Jeff Garcia was a mobile QB. this guy is just a racist.

"And Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers are two of the ****ing biggest, whitest tools ever to walk this Earth."

we would have been fighting if he said "white tool" to my face. this guy is straight up a racist and a piece of ****.

the reason there is no black QB to win the SB since Doug Williams is that no team with a black QB has made it. Hell man, we JUST HAD 2 black head coaches...McNabb was just there not too long ago. This whole article has a race agenda to it and its a ****ing joke.

OK, the Buckwheat on the tombstone is racist.

The mobile QB is NOT dead. McNabb was just running around on Monday Night and he was Vick before Vick came about. But the difference was McNabb has an arm and Vick was a less then 50% completion rated QB at VT.

"This is a bad omen for the future of black quarterbacks in the league. People use terms like “mobile quarterbacks” and “pocket passers” as a way of both differentiating quarterbacks by way of style and, unfairly, race"

Steve Young was a mobile QB. Jeff Garcia was a mobile QB. this guy is just a racist.

"And Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers are two of the ****ing biggest, whitest tools ever to walk this Earth."

we would have been fighting if he said "white tool" to my face. this guy is straight up a racist and a piece of ****.

the reason there is no black QB to win the SB since Doug Williams is that no team with a black QB has made it. Hell man, we JUST HAD 2 black head coaches...McNabb was just there not too long ago. This whole article has a race agenda to it and its a ****ing joke.

Whoa, whoa, no need to throw accusations of racism around. I thought the Buckwheat on the tombstone was hilarious and I'm black!

He makes the point that McNabb now only runs as a last resort, the MOBILE QB (ala Mike Vick) is a dying breed.

I'm just wondering when someone is going to post on the death of the white Running Back...I mean c'mon there aren't many starting in the league ;)

I was going to say the same thing without the wink.

Also, it ABSOLUTELY goes both ways. I think many of the subtle jabs at Reed Doughty are somewhat racist in nature.

Poster sez: "Reed's not athletic enough to play the position."

Poster means: "Reed's not dark enough to play the position."

Fortunately, for African-Americans, there are rules in place to provide them with opportunities they might not otherwise get in coaching, etc.

I wish the same was true for caucasians on the field; where the real money is made.

Whoa, whoa, no need to throw accusations of racism around. I thought the Buckwheat on the tombstone was hilarious and I'm black!

He makes the point that McNabb now only runs as a last resort, the MOBILE QB (ala Mike Vick) is a dying breed.

well he just had his entire knee reconstructed. of course he isnt going to bust out a 40 yarder if he doesnt have to. and mcnabbs knee was hurt on a run...he was a big time mobile QB. Vince Young was drafted so high because of his running in Texas...

and i think it was racist and i will "throw it around" all i want. if a white dude wrote that it would be right up there..

His comments about college coaches not giving a real damn about developing QBs rings true...but the rest of his logic is flawed, to say the least. And I have no clue whatsoever why he felt putting a butt plug on the "black quarterback" headstone was needed...

Is THAT what that was? :confused:

And how did you know that Cali?

:paranoid:

:silly:

Their all <<<<<<<<<<<<Brian Leonard

(That non-athletic, defensive-player HURDLING sumbeotch.)

LOL. True. I was trying to remember that dude's name. I said to myself, "self, wasn't there a WHITE guy from Rutgers who used to tear it up."

Self didn't answer, so I hadda pull up some Heisman runners-up to shoot down our boy E33.

-good pull h_h :cheers:

well he just had his entire knee reconstructed. of course he isnt going to bust out a 40 yarder if he doesnt have to. and mcnabbs knee was hurt on a run...he was a big time mobile QB. Vince Young was drafted so high because of his running in Texas...

and i think it was racist and i will "throw it around" all i want. if a white dude wrote that it would be right up there..

I think someone needs to lighten up a bit. It was supposed to be a humorous column! We beat the Saints last weekend! HAIL SKINS and don't be afraid to laugh every once in a while!

I think someone needs to lighten up a bit. It was supposed to be a humorous column! We beat the Saints last weekend! HAIL SKINS and don't be afraid to laugh every once in a while!

yeah, funny. :rolleyes:

how funny would it have been if HH or I wrote that article?

his stats are flawed when it comes to pinpoints. they are generalizations otherwise. and his "jokes" are racially charged and downright not funny to me.

sorry if i dont "get it". nothing personal against you bro. :cheers:

Isn't Nick Goings still around? And of course, everyone loved Jesse Lumsden last year.

BUt yeh, they're pretty much dead in this league, or have been turned into fullbacks.

Isn't Nick Goings still around? And of course, everyone loved Jesse Lumsden last year.

BUt yeh, they're pretty much dead in this league, or have been turned into fullbacks.

I can't think of anyone outside of Jacob Hester who's getting any reps right now. Anyone?

EDIT: And of course B Leonard, before h_h fires off his blistering response to my idiocy.

Archived