Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Houston looking for a RB, think we try anything?

chaught76

Houston is looking for a starting caliber back. It is said they are interested in Tatum Bell and Chris Benson.

Knowing the temptations of our front office, do you think they would throw their hat into the ring with one of our current backs?

Just wondering.

:helmet:HTTR:logo:

Peace.

Houston is looking for a starting caliber back. It is said they are interested in Tatum Bell and Chris Benson.

Knowing the temptations of our front office, do you think they would throw their hat into the ring with one of our current backs?

Just wondering.

:helmet:HTTR:logo:

Peace.

Do you mean Cedric Benson? My gosh, him and Tatum Bell? A drunk or a thief... :doh: That's rock-solid evidence how thin is the pool of available running backs.

I'd like to see them snatch Marcus Mason off the Ravens' practice squad.

Yeah, they did and his doing well. I think Houston is over-reacting a little. Good grief, they played Pittsburgh the first and the Steelers are argueably the best team in the league right now.

thats what i thought. i would just start steve slaton. no need to have a knee jerk reaction and make a bad trade

Didn't Houston draft steve slaton?

Yeah, he had 13 carries for 43 yards in Week 1.

Ahman Green got hurt last week, and was out most of the preseason with a groin injury. They also have Chris Taylor, a third year guy who's done nothing for them in 3 years.

They put Chris Brown on IR at the beginning of the season with back problems.

We cut Marcus Mason after preseason so we're already down to only 3 RBs. Unless we can somehow manage to get him off the Ravens PS there is NO WAY.

That is easy, if we offer him a spot on our 53. He is a practice squad player, which means we can just get him at any time, and not give the raven anything

No way, no how. We need Betts, Rock is a great ST player and that's why he's on the team, he's not a viable #2 back especially in a league where having 2 capable backs is so important.

Yes he is capable #2, I think Rock could be a #1. He has started games for us before and has gone over 100 yards.

I thought Shaun Alexander was still available.

I wouldn't mind trading Betts. Not because I don't think he's good. I just think he deserves a shot somewhere. He's to good to be getting just one carry.

^^^ I feel you man...the selfish side of me loves having a back of Betts talent to back up Portis..but the other side of me would love to see Betts get a shot as a featured/#1 back like Michael Turner has and a few others of past years. It was his choice to stay in the role he is in here though...so I happy to have him here. If Portis went down that would make Rock our back...I like rock but wouldn't feel too good about that.

Archived