#51 - Malcolm Kelly - 0 Receptions for 0 Yards - 0 TD

#53 - Limas Sweed - 0 Receptions for 0 Yards - 0 TD

#58 - Dexter Jackson - 0 Receptions for 0 Yards - 0 TD

Rookie Tight Ends

#30 - Dustin Keller - 0 Receptions for 0 Yards - 0 TD

#38 - John Carlson - 4 Receptions for 52 Yards - 0 TD

#48 - Fred Davis - 0 Receptions for 0 Yards - 0 TD

#61 - Martellus Bennett - 0 Receptions for 0 Yards - 0 TD

The Redskins offense looks bad. The Redskins defense looks bad, but it was really bad for only one half.

The bottom tier quarterbacks all lost.

Only DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal made an impact at the receiver position, as well as John Carlson at the tight end position. I don't think anyone should call Thomas/Kelly/Davis a bust, but it sure seems like we would've been better served drafting other positions. Hopefully drafting them now means we won't have to look for anymore receivers in the next several years.

The Redskins offense looks bad. The Redskins defense looks bad, but it was really bad for only one half.

Only DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal made an impact at the receiver position, as well as John Carlson at the tight end position. I don't think anyone should call Thomas/Kelly/Davis a bust, but it sure seems like we would've been better served drafting other positions. Hopefully drafting them now means we won't have to look for anymore receivers in the next several years.

Other position? No body else in the second round did crap this week.

Calais Campbell- 1 assisted tackle

Also, I recall reading someone saying sacks was an overrated stat in another thread because despite getting two (which really isn't that much), our defense still looked bad.

Ummm, let's take a look at the game again.

One hurry in the THIRD quarter led to an interception by Fred Smoot.

Two sacks occured in the FOURTH quarter.

Despite having five drives in the second half thanks to the inept offene of the Washington Redskins, the Giants accumulated 103 (11 + 25 + 40 + 18 + 9) yards, no scoring drives, and had one turnover.

No, sacks are not overrated.

Aren't we weak at WR? Thomas played.

Playing and playing well are something different.

We have Jason Taylor and Andre Carter. We need GOOD players, not just players just to say we drafted them.

Yes our depth at WR is weak. But that's like saying that replacing a really crappy punter is more important than replacing a below average runningback.

DL and OL is always more important than the WR, and maybe LB in some cases.

The real week one perspective....4-12 looks doable.

I dont think we are going to do well in our division and our schedule is not that easy this year.

Springs is back....yippee.....I am so happy, I could sleep.

We have a dismal QB that looks down his WR's and an OL that is old and incapable of guarding the QB.

We are in need of DT help desperately and a run-stopping DE but, hey, at least we got alot of DB help and WR help through the draft when we didnt need it.

Go Redskins!

Get the first pick in the draft!

You know, Jason Campbell has more starts and as many years if not more than every quarterback on that list... Except Jay Cutler who has one more start, and has been in the league one less year.

Time for Campbell to prove his worth. He failed to do anything to win against the Giants, but at least he didn't make any boneheaded mistakes that were too common in 2007. That's a start.

During the off season I looked up Blache's history, I expect we won't rank high as a defense in terms of yards allowed, but if Blache is successful, we will see a very good scoring defense especially in terms of points per yard. Opponents will have bad red-zone trips. Interestingly, we were actually only one dropped interception away from winning via the defense. If Blache's defense works, we will see lots of long drives that end up giving up 3 or fewer points, some actual scoring by the defense and more sfos for the offense. With Blache, look for a middle of the pack defense as far as yards allowed but a top 10 as far as net points allowed.

listing the stats of 2 players, who were inactive kind of takes away from the "real" concept

Uh, what? I listed every second round receiver and tight end so everyone can see the whole picture and make judgements for themselves, unlike other threads that claim to offer perspective but only cherrypick certain aspects of certain games and players.

Also, I recall reading someone saying sacks was an overrated stat in another thread because despite getting two (which really isn't that much), our defense still looked bad.

Ummm, let's take a look at the game again.

One hurry in the THIRD quarter led to an interception by Fred Smoot.

Two sacks occured in the FOURTH quarter.

Despite having five drives in the second half thanks to the inept offene of the Washington Redskins, the Giants accumulated 103 (11 + 25 + 40 + 18 + 9) yards, no scoring drives, and had one turnover.

No, sacks are not overrated.

I agree that it's counter-intuitive; but there was an article on NFL.com a while back discussing which statistics coaches relied on. It quoted Nolan (49ers) talking about the lack of statistical correlation between sacks and winning.

I wonder what the stats look like if we remove the garbage time yards the Skins got in the last few minutes of the game, when the Giants were more than willing to give up 8-10 yard passes while in prevent defense.

...and the yards we gained on third and long still short of first downs.

The defense showed the ability to adjust during halftime and came out much improved in the second half. The offense is going to take some time though.

If this type of play were happening in week 5-6 then id be really upset, but it's not so i'm not. good post.

It should also be known that none of the OL available to us in the draft performed well save may be Sam Baker, who still gave up a sack. Duane Brown was part of the putrid Texans line that allowed 7 sacks. Chilo Rachel sat the bench for a weak 9ers line, Pollack got schooled by the Bears.

Archived