Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would someone please slap Jane Fond!

Brown 43

Read this!

Jane Fonda: World Hates 'Ignorant' America

Even as the Iraqi people confound the blame-America-first left by rejoicing over the U.S.-led defeat of Saddam Hussein, Ted Turner's former moll "Hanoi" Jane Fonda is telling Canadians that Operation Iraqi Freedom will make the whole world turn against America.

"What it's going to mean for our stability as a nation, for terrorism, for the economy, I can't imagine," the long-ago movie star said Tuesday at a lecture in P.C. Vancouver, British Columbia. "I think the entire world is going to be united against us."

'Ignorant of Reality'

The 65-year-old former actress and college dropout fretted that "she isn't sure what Americans can do about it," the Associated Press reported today, and then made this bizarre, grammatically challenged comment:

"I don't know if a country where the people are so ignorant of reality and of history, if you can call that a free world."

An ill-educated, multimillionaire Tinseltown dilettante and communist apologist accusing others of being "ignorant of reality and history"? Pass this item on as the joke of the week.

Editor's note: For more news of Hollywood shenanigans, see our Left Coast Report.

The U.S. in my opinion is the bully on the block that everyone tries to steer clear of. I believe that one day the U.S., like all other bullies, will eventually catch one right in the mouth. I love my country but I feel that we have way too many issues in this country to deal with before we should try to deal in the affairs of others. Everyone is always hollering about the Iraqis being an oppressed people and they need to be set free. My question is well what about the people that are oppressed right here.

So in your opinion, the best way to for the world's preeminent super power to operate would be a strict policy of isolationism? So we continue to get wealthier and wealthier while the third world (now receiving no aid as a result of this policy) deteriorates ever further? I'm sure progressing like this would endear us to the rest of the international community.

I believe that one day the U.S., like all other bullies, will eventually catch one right in the mouth.

It's amazing how fast some people have forgotten 9/11.

We are acting the way we are BECAUSE that happened. Prior to 9/11 the Bush Doctrine did not exist.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

We are acting the way we are BECAUSE that happened. Prior to 9/11 the Bush Doctrine did not exist.

No kidding, that sure hurt a lot more than a punch in the mouth. But don't forget, whatever we do is pure evil, and whatever anyone else does is "for cultural reasons." :rolleyes:

Kilmer, I thought 9/11 was Al-Quaeda(sp?)? Remember all that bombing in Afghanistan? Some guy Bin Laden we were supposedly after..?

So you are saying that we can attack any country we please because we were the object of one terrorist attack? So if we were to go into Russia or Iran, or country next, we could use 9/11 as an excuse, and that it would be a valid one?

It's not a simplistic answer.

If a country poses a threat to our security, we will take measures to alleviate that threat. IF that means military action, then that's what it means.

We will no longer act strictly on revenge. That's what we did in Afghanastan. Going forward, we will do what we can and need to do to prevent another 9/11.

Dont forget to mention N. Korea while you are at it and I havent heard a peep from the mini-me dictator since we started this war. For all the HATE america first crowd we did not start this fight. That is what is meant by the9/11 refernces. Al Quada was just the first in line as far as the Axis of Evil and you are right, who knows what country we will find planning terrorist actions against us. That is the point, they have seen what we can do to their country if they harbor, train, or equip terrorist directly. America haters when will you wake up? When your kids are killed by a WMD?

So it's okay for the U.S. to label any country they want as a terrorist threat to us and invade that country even if we have alterior motives(oil). What happens when the smaller countries that we continue to pick on says enough is enough and band together. Like say all the Middle East and North Vietnam. And by the way N. Korea is not out of the news. Just yesterday I heard on CNN that we were trying to get the U.N. to have a Security Council meeting on N.K. China says that the U.N. has no business discussing any issues dealing with their nuclear programs. So what do you do now? Do we invade them next? And if so are we prepared to deal with N.K. and their ally China.

Originally posted by usafskins

Dont forget to mention N. Korea while you are at it and I havent heard a peep from the mini-me dictator since we started this war. For all the HATE america first crowd we did not start this fight. That is what is meant by the9/11 refernces. Al Quada was just the first in line as far as the Axis of Evil and you are right, who knows what country we will find planning terrorist actions against us. That is the point, they have seen what we can do to their country if they harbor, train, or equip terrorist directly. America haters when will you wake up? When your kids are killed by a WMD?

I don't hate America, and I completely disagree with what you are saying. Who is the "Hate America Crowd"? The anti-war protesters? Protest is Patriotism, my friend. So you can't call them that, so who is it? The Anti-Bush liberals? Nope, although I'm sure some would like to believe so. I have yet to see the hatred for America you all see(except in other countries). But I do see a bunch of people blindly following everything they are told. I'm not saying any one person for believing something is wrong. I am saying that the ability to question what you are told should be held in high regard. While I do understand the need to be aware of possible threats, I don't see why we as a country have the right to go and bomb because we feel "threatened." And as far as that goes, I was never threatened by Saddam, or anyone from Iraq. And chances are, neither were you.

9/11 has nothing to do with Iraq. So far, this war is clearly a humanitarian effort. As of today..... NO WMD, NO link to Al Quaeda...

Bush has gained amazing support for this war based on fear. We have been spoonfed that Iraq is a threat to the US. How? The only way possible is if they were to give WMD to terrorists..., but terrorists can get those same chem and bio weapons from various other places much easier.

Sure it's great that the Iraqi's are freed, but why not be honest and tell America that's why we are there rather than tricking them by fear... would the overwhelming support still be there beforehand if that's how the war was promoted?

and the best part is that those against the war are content in the ineluctable position that they support murder, torture and slavery! they have to be - arguiing for negotiated change is a perscription for more of the same. it's beautiful. there is no universal rule here - that argument is unadulterated crap. we wnet in and liberated a people suffering the worst sort of oppression. we also drove a huge wedge into the terrorist heart. that doesn't mean we have t do this in every instance. bottom line: they are not part of the solution and they are satisified with the status quo ante. they are bankrupt intellectually and morally. and they have never done the heavy lifting.

how about this...let's send all the lefties parading these arguments to iraq and stand them on a street corner where they can voice their profundities.

oh...and the absolute best part? this is ultimately about power in this country after all.......to achieve the left's agenda, they ultimately must get folks like me to assent. their dispicable performance during this whole war has ossified resistanec. their goals - even when laudatory - are now going to fought with greater effort. we know what they truly stand for.

So because others can give terrorist weapons we shouldnt take of him? That kind of thinking is what led us to be wide opened on 9/11.

Yes we do get to determine which nations are terrorist.

I swear to God the next moron (and you are) who spews that this war is about oil is going to end up with my foot in their ***. If this was about oil, we could have simply lifted the sanctions and let him sell us the oil he wanted to. It would have dropped the cost of oil to us in half.

Can any of the morons who claim this is about oil offer any plausible proof or at the very least respond to facts?

Code, their are links to AL Queda. We've been through this ad nauseum. Apparently though, nothing short of picture of Saddam and OBL in bed together will be enough.

I for one am thankful that there are still people who will stand up against the flag waving zealots who accept anything coming from the present administratoin. How ridiculous to think that someone who opposes the war is not supportive of our troops . The anti-war movement never wanted our troops to be put in the position to be killed. Now, we just want them home. Our duty as citizens of a democracy is to criticize those in power, especially if people are going to die. The pro-Bush crowd forgets how fervently anti-government they were a few years back. If we silence dissent, then we have become a fascist tyranny.

Originally posted by skinsfan913

I for one am thankful that there are still people who will stand up against the flag waving zealots who accept anything coming from the present administratoin. How ridiculous to think that someone who opposes the war is not supportive of our troops . The anti-war movement never wanted our troops to be put in the position to be killed. Now, we just want them home. Our duty as citizens of a democracy is to criticize those in power, especially if people are going to die. The pro-Bush crowd forgets how fervently anti-government they were a few years back. If we silence dissent, then we have become a fascist tyranny.

Good post. :cheers:

Im glad you can paint all of us patriots with the broad stroke of "flag waving zealots" while complaining that others paint you in the same stroke as the clear anti americans who tried to block the ships in Oakland or cause disturbances. I support your right to protest, but the line is crossed when you disrupt society.

Kilmer, I agree! If it was for oil, we would be paying $ .50 cents a gallon because after the gulf war we would have the 900 some oil wells for our own!

I can dig lower gas prices after this skirmish!

913, answer the question about oppression!

Originally posted by skinsfan913

So are you going to answer my question or not???

Archived