Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offensive line needs to be revamped

Dheavy

Could we have upset NY with Collins or Brennen?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Could we have upset NY with Collins or Brennen?

It's always the same story every year with these guys. I'm sure Zorn realizes now that we pretty much have an average O-line. The Run and pass blocking basically dictated Zorns play calling today. Jansen, Samuels and Thomas need to be traded next year. BTW, Samuels is OVERATED!!!!

We didn't have to lose by 9--the defense kept us in it! Why did we keep running if we could've thrown. I'm sorry, a little perplexed and fustrated--WE COULD HAVE WON!!

Okay, I've settled down a little now that I've vented. But, so close--why did we lose?

Samuels is a little over-rated and always has been but he is a solid left tackle which is hard to find. But we gave up ONE sack (which Campbell ran right into while holding onto the ball for too long).. does our O-line really need to be revamped?

Um, the Giants have one of the best defensive lines in the game even without Osi. I expected some penetration. Considering that, I think the line did a decent job.

Zorn also didn't help out Campbell and the line by waiting till third down to pass, pretty much telling the defense to blitz.

Jason

I don't think the OL was or is as bad as people think. I'm not saying they were great by any means, but I put most of the blame on Campbell for simply being way too indecisive and basically allowing the Giants to blitz him and our offense into oblivion.

Look at Eli. Everytime we blitz him he eats a hit and fires strikes downfield. Yeah we did manage to get him a couple of times but for the most part he picked our blitzes apart and it wasn't because they blocked each and every one of our defenders every time...

I don't think the OL was or is as bad as people think. I'm not saying they were great by any means, but I put most of the blame on Campbell for simply being way too indecisive and basically allowing the Giants to blitz him and our offense into oblivion.

Look at Eli. Everytime we blitz him he eats a hit and fires strikes downfield. Yeah we did manage to get him a couple of times but for the most part he picked our blitzes apart and it wasn't because they blocked each and every one of our defenders every time...

Well, it would help if Campbell threw on a down other than 3rd. Of the 19 passes before garbage time, 8 of them were on third down.

Jason

Bad playcalling. The O-line did piss poor in the first half until Portis told Zorn what adjustments needed to be made. The playcalling sucked. We couldn't convert convertable first downs. The receivers sucked. The blocking pretty much sucked. = 7points.

That the problem in a nut shell.Portis shouldn't have to be the coach.It's nice to see him help out like a true leader should.With that being coaches make adjustments not players.The play calling, clock management and adjustments were all horrible tonight.Sorry thats coaching and that is going to be a problem this year.I will give you the line looked bad tonight.I also noticed Heyer getting beat and missing blocks on some plays.So I don't know how long he is going to be starting.No matter how bad Jansen looked in preseason.I'm pretty sure he's goint to get another shot this year.

Um, the Giants have one of the best defensive lines in the game even without Osi. I expected some penetration. Considering that, I think the line did a decent job.

Zorn also didn't help out Campbell and the line by waiting till third down to pass, pretty much telling the defense to blitz.

Jason

I'm not questioning your opinion about the Giant's D-line, but do you seriously consider them as one of the best d-lines in the league?? I seriously doubt that. This team couldn't run certain plays tonight because the coach was afraid of calling plays that will get the QB killed. Until Thomas, Samuels and Jansen get replaced on this team, this offense will always struggle. I know it's only one game, but keep an eye on this group for the rest of the season.

Look Heyer is basically a Rookie, Thomas was injured last yr and is getting old, Raybach is small and gets pushed around, and Samuels is getting old. We need a to update this line within the next yr and we may need to start doing it soon. Don't get me started on the D-line, our tackles got abused tonight. Griffin is old and done and Golston is too small. Taylor I think will play better but you can run on him all day long.

Unless we drastically imrove both the lines, WE will ****ing blow balls every yr. Its not too hard to understand this but lets go and pick up 2 WR's and a TE in the 2nd round and bsically have all of them out in the 1st week.

I loved the look on Cerrato's face because if the skins fail Danny will have to fire his ass now. I swear i think I'll start caring when both Danny and his puppet don't have anything to do with this team anymore.

I think there are quite a few people that need to watch game tape again tonight. My biggest issue was Zorn playing the role of Coach Joe and being afraid to take the reigns off. The Redskins line run blocked very well tonight. The giants were in 7 and 8 man fronts on 1st and 2nd down tonight trying to get the skins to pass and they wouldn't. They also blitzed a ton on 3rd down forcing Campbell into bad deciscions. If a Qb isn't comfortable with an offense you blitz and force him to make mistakes. The O line is fine. Look at the schedule. The Giants are probably the 2nd best team we play all year, and it was their home opener. Please relax, it will get better.

This line hasn't looked formidable since they blew the vaunted Jags Dline off the ball during the regular season a few years ago. That's the last time I remember being truly impressed. With that being said, they can at least be above average this year. Next year it'll be time to add some more youth assuming Rhinehart turns into a regular starter and Heyer continues to improve. In any event, it's hard to judge what this line will be this year off of one game but there is obvious cause for concern.

It's always the same story every year with these guys. I'm sure Zorn realizes now that we pretty much have an average O-line. The Run and pass blocking basically dictated Zorns play calling today. Jansen, Samuels and Thomas need to be traded next year. BTW, Samuels is OVERATED!!!!

While the O-line needs works and is a bit aged, Samuels is certainly NOT over-rated. He's the best we have on that line amigo.

I think the line is fine, Heyer made some mistakes that were noticeable, but other than that, we were fine at the O Line, we only got beat on blitzs.

Our problem is that a D can call a blitz and Campbell can get the ball out of his hands to the open guy in time. If we are running a west coast, that speed has to be automatic.

The OLine did a pretty damn good job actually. First, we were facing one of the best DLs in the league. Second, with Zorn's predictable run, run, pass...punt playcalling, the defense knew what was coming all along. Even though the D knew we were going to run on basically every 1st and 2nd down, CP still got 80 yards and some decent gainers.

As for how the did against the pass, they gave up ZERO sacks. Campbell caused a sack when he held on to the ball for way too long and decided to run right into the arms of Justin Tuck.

The problem for us on O today was Campbell, new coach/scheme and adjusting to the WCO. The good news is that all the **** we ****ed up on Offense is fixable. It will just take Campbell and the rest of the O a little time to figure out the new o. How long? We'll just have to wait and see.

Don't write the Skins off just yet. It is only week 1 of a 16 game season. At lest give them 4 games or so. lol.

Archived