Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offensive line needs to be revamped

Dheavy

Could we have upset NY with Collins or Brennen?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Could we have upset NY with Collins or Brennen?

The playcalling was very bad, I was tould that Zorn was going to come in and call some great games, get everyone involved. I didn't see any of that, that may be the most dissapointing thing I saw And yes the O-line was not good, the one sack on JC was JC fault, but he was presherd all night, didn't have enough time for much play development deep. And Portis had very few decent holes to run through. Can we get a new O-Line now, and that is one of the last things I though I would be saying this year, I thought they would be solid. I was way off!!

The OLine did a pretty damn good job actually. First, we were facing one of the best DLs in the league. Second, with Zorn's predictable run, run, pass...punt playcalling, the defense knew what was coming all along. Even though the D knew we were going to run on basically every 1st and 2nd down, CP still got 80 yards and some decent gainers.

As for how the did against the pass, they gave up ZERO sacks. Campbell caused a sack when he held on to the ball for way too long and decided to run right into the arms of Justin Tuck.

The problem for us on O today was Campbell, new coach/scheme and adjusting to the WCO. The good news is that all the **** we ****ed up on Offense is fixable. It will just take Campbell and the rest of the O a little time to figure out the new o. How long? We'll just have to wait and see.

Don't write the Skins off just yet. It is only week 1 of a 16 game season. At lest give them 4 games or so. lol.

Did you watch the same game we all watched yesterday? Even the head coach alluded to the poor pass protection. The offensive line play was awful and don't expect it to get any better as long as we go with the current OL crew. You will get more info from the coaches after they watch the film today. It doesn't take a blind person to see the constant pressure from both ends of the line. Chris Cooley didn't help the situation much either. These guys are getting paid an awful lot of money to perform and that display yesterday was just plain ridiculous.

Can we please get Jonathan Ogden out of retirement? That dude was a warrior. He doesn't get bull rushed all the way to the QB like our Probowl left tackle does every game.

Archived