Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Radio: Zorn Lashes Out

redskins0756

DREADING the upcoming game? lol :doh:...You gotta be kidding me. I could see if you said he was tense or anxious, or hell, even nervous...but dreading the game? Gawd, do people LOVE putting their speculations in the worst possible light around here, or what...

What I heard from Zorn - I didn't particularly like. He didn't sound confident at all and seemed to be laying the groundwork in anticipation for a bad showing. It was mentioned during a seperate interview and not this one I believe.

No, because jumping to THAT serious a conclusion deserves condescening responses, to be honest.

I remember last season where WAY too many people on here decided that Landry and Sean Taylor must not really get along too well, and it was all due to the fact that it "seemed" as if Landry rarely congratulated Taylor on a play, that it "seemed" as if Landry and Taylor were never connecting as team mates on the field, it "seemed" that Landry and Taylor rarely talked on the sideline on the rare occasion the camera actually showed them there...At the time I thought it was ludicrious for anyone here to start reaching such negative conclusions based on so little info, and thankfully more than a few shared my opinion.

Then I read this quote from the article about Sean Taylor posted in another thread:

But yeah...we can tell that Landry and Taylor obviously have some tension between them and aren't connecting as team mates because of how things "seemed" from our insanely distant viewpoint. :rolleyes:

I would LOVE it if fans on here would quit jumping to ridiculously negative conclusions and speculations...but that's never gonna happen, is it? We thrust our own viewpoints into the heads of the players and coaches without stepping back and saying "Wait...that's a pretty harsh view for me to be reaching without any real direct knowledge". So when I see it happen, the condescending tone comes out, and I don't give a **** that it does.

It's speculation that is correct. However I think the evidence I provided for my point is more substantial than what fans had on Taylor and Landry. While I know what you're trying to illustrate I don't think that was very appropriate to compare my speculation with a point about a deceased Redskin and a good friend of his.

Archived