Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Youth you say?

ZRagone

I'm actually rather excited about something I noticed about this team right now.

We're building for a really good youth movement. Lets look at these positions.

QB: Campbell and Colt are both rather young, with a good bit of time ahead of them, and both developing. Can't really argue against youth here.

RB: Here is a bit of an issue. Everyone here is 7 years into the league. I think after this season we've got to look into shipping or cutting one of these guys and look for a decent young runner to develop in the draft.

FB: Sellar's is a beast, but we need to start looking for a good young FB in the next 1 to 2 years

TE: Cooley's still decently young at 5 years, and Davis is there too. Good youth here.

WR: As long as Kelly and Thomas step it up, we've got the start of a good young core of WR's. Maybe look for one more young one in the draft in the next year or two

O-Line: I really hope we keep Crummy on the PS if possible. We'd set ourselves up for a good young o-line that can be brought up and taught together by Buges with Rinehart, Crummy, Geisinger, Brown, and Heyer.

DT: All but one of our DT's are young ones. We could use a stud first or second rounder in the next year or two to flesh this out.

DE: James, Wilson, Jackson all give us some good younger DE's. Develop them while they're on the team now to begin moving in.

LB: McIntosh and Blades are both legit NFL linebackers in my mind. Fine one more true football player, a real gamer, in the draft and we've got our LB core young and set.

CB: Rogers is still yougn, Torrence is coming along, Tryon has good speed but we need to see how he develops. This is a place to possibly look for a free agent vet in time while looking for another good young one.

Saftey: Set with throughout with all 5 of these guys.

Yes, our starters are beginning to age. But I think we've got a GREAT group of young guys starting or in back up that can be brought along and developed in this year and next. Adding to it with another solid draft next year and we could set ourselves up for a good young team in 2 years with the majority of players 6 to 7 years of age max. Looking at the roster and realizing this has me excited, as its this kind of building that makes the great teams.

Archived