Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

secret of success this season

bertoskins

We need a big body (outside of Cooley) who can go over the middle. Thomas and Kelley are not ready. Kelly might not even play a down this year. That leaves McMullen and Mix. I'm a UVA fan but I just don't see McMullen being the answer. Too many drops. Not slow but not fast either. Maybe Mix can fill it but he sure hasn't gotten a lot of looks this preseason.

lets face it or not we are still a running team. and we will live and die by running the ball and control the clock. I know this is Gibbsianism. but what we can do. we cannot force it and pass it WCO. any comments
I agree 100%

If you cant or dont run the ball in this division, you cant and wont win. If Zorn comes out trying to be cute in East, they will rudely lift his skirt up on National Television.

3.8 yards for us last year was a miracle. every team knew what was coming and stacked the box. run, run, pass, punt.

It's amazing what we were still able to accomplish when every team knew what was coming. That's one of the reasons why I am so excited for the Zorn era. We have the talent, we just need the proper playcalling and coaching.

all good points - our run game obviously works better if they aren't cheating up on it, because they know we can't pass. The one time we do need to pass is the short yard situations where we constantly are unable to run the rock on 3rd/4th and 1/2. Our O-line ain't good enough to dominate in the run game unless we can get our pass game going too.

Tom Brady is nothing w/out Moss, Welker, and the cheating system Bellicheat used to give Brady 'greatness'. ALL his Superbowls were sham rings. Don't get me wrong..the guy played excellent last year and Bellicheat's offense is really good. But he's no Peyton Manning...just like Eli is no Peyton Manning.

Archived