Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bengals LB Brooks

randythesofine

One name Lewis didn't mention was Ahmad Brooks, who may get nosed out of the seventh and final spot by Jim Maxwell, a special teams standout.

The Bengals did move Brooks back to his two positions of strength Thursday, middle linebacker and rush end on passing downs after they moved him to SAM backer in the spring.

If this is even remotely true I think we should offer low round pick for this guy. We are some what lacking in depth at linebacker. And if he can be half the guy he was in college it would be a decent pick up.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6993

Complete wreck off the field, not the character type the Skins will deal with no matter what his talent is.

Why do you folks always jump on the "character Issue" when talking about a football players. You can't have a roster full of saints. Even New England has a couple of guys with character issues on their roster. I'm sure you realize that people do change, and just because someone made a mistake in the past they shouldn't be punished for the rest of their life.

If Cincy is tossing him out, then why would we want him? Do you walk over to your neighbors trash and bring it in your house? Just kidding bro, if he's any good at all, snatch him.

I love the 'neighbor's trash' example...but we love our neighbor's trash. :D

Ahmad Brooks has all the physical talent in the world, but that defense has been begging for years for someone to step up and seize the MLB position and Brooks has been unable to do that. As I understand it (because of a fantasy football interest in him) he's just not been able to absorb the defensive scheme now after two years. Add to that that he's had off the field issues dating back to college, and my interest in him is essentially nil.

Why do you folks always jump on the "character Issue" when talking about a football players. You can't have a roster full of saints. Even New England has a couple of guys with character issues on their roster. I'm sure you realize that people do change, and just because someone made a mistake in the past they shouldn't be punished for the rest of their life.

Because it is a factor. It's much easier to overlook past transgressions when a guy leaves that behind and performs on the field but Brooks just hasn't been very good in his two NFL seasons. There are plenty of LBs out there who have been just as productive in the NFL as Brooks but haven't been turds off the field. It's just smarter business to lower your risks. And let's not pretend that he's being punished for issues that happened years ago. He was charged with assault in April for punching a woman in the face. Add that to the multiple issues he had at UVa and I say thanks but no thanks.

Archived