Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Earily reminiscent of WWII

The Wicked Wop

“They are sick in their minds. They say they brought 65 tanks into center of city. I say to you this talk is not true,” al-Sahhaf said. “There is no presence of American infidels in the city of Baghdad, at all.”

Really... shouldn't this guy literally be executed the minute he's found? Once Saddam's regime is over... what use does this man have? What credibility or integrity does he have to humanity?

Oh Puhleeze Code Fox is no bastion of objectivity but CNN, BBC MSNBC and God knows companies like NPR let alone the Al Jazeera's of the world aren't any better whatsoever. For every slant Fox has the rest have an equal slant going the opposite direction.

A good example would be the British cargo ship that was delayed by mines in Umm Qasr. Fox showed actual footage for an entire day of that ship actually being unloaded when BBC and CNN were still saying it was out in the bay. As a matter of fact, BBC went as far as showing the ship with a full head of steam in open water while they did the actual report. Now you gonna sit there and say that FOX is the only one spinning things their way?

EVERY single media outlet right down to Reuters and the AP has some type of slant to it. If anything has become glaringly apparent in this war it's that our worldwide media needs some SERIOUS work. I would be hard pressed to give ANY of them credit for "fair and balanced" reporting.

Originally posted by CounterTre

Oh Puhleeze Code Fox is no bastion of objectivity but CNN, BBC MSNBC and God knows companies like NPR let alone the Al Jazeera's of the world aren't any better whatsoever. For every slant Fox has the rest have an equal slant going the opposite direction.

A good example would be the British cargo ship that was delayed by mines in Umm Qasr. Fox showed actual footage for an entire day of that ship actually being unloaded when BBC and CNN were still saying it was out in the bay. As a matter of fact, BBC went as far as showing the ship with a full head of steam in open water while they did the actual report. Now you gonna sit there and say that FOX is the only one spinning things their way?

EVERY single media outlet right down to Reuters and the AP has some type of slant to it. If anything has become glaringly apparent in this war it's that our worldwide media needs some SERIOUS work. I would be hard pressed to give ANY of them credit for "fair and balanced" reporting.

NEVER would I say any of them are beyond reproach... The Media is scum in my book, but I enjoy pointing out Fox is just as bad as CNN...:cheers:

Fox gives you good eye candy and some of their commentators are excellent. I thought they weaseled out on their handling of Geraldo and I was pleased MSNBC flogged them for it. How many false starts did Fox have on reporting the discovery of possible chemical storage sites?

None of the media are unbiased - that's why if you only have one source, you aren't seeing the big picture.

I've been trying to follow the English-version press in Pakistan and Russia and it's interesting. They are very torn by this war.

I thought it was interesting that on one channel last night (and I'm sorry I've forgotten which) they felt it newsworthy to cover 50 protesters in Boston. 50. BFD. I could get a crowd that size to protest the lack of medical care for lemurs.

:silly:

Archived