Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN First Take: 1st and 10 (2nd Down) on Redskins

2006Skins

From what I've heard Roethlisberger will play about a quarter tonight against a defense that looked damn good last week...(panthers)....probably won't see Peppers but still....I'm ok with it. Blache will not play defensive staters to leave that taste in their mouths, which I like. Offense is different animal...especially with our new system...I'd like to see a sustained drive and a little efficiency. Those guys need to feel some sense of accomplishment before next week. Its all about mindset. Defenders need to be pissed off. With offense its a little more about effectiveness.

http://www.gump4heisman.com/my_weblog/2008/08/gump4heismans-10-things-to-look-forward-to-this-college-football-season.html

Read the number 1 take.. basically sums up everyones feelings on ESPN.

"1) ESPN will be out to get you.

ESPN hates you.

And more importantly, ESPN hates your team.

It doesn't matter who you pull for.

Whoever your favorite team is, ESPN hates it. ESPN hates anything you love, and loves anything you hate.

ESPN hates your dad. Unless you hate your dad. In which case ESPN loves your dad."

They just showed it. They quoted Zorn.

Michael Smith said it was silly and risk injury. Skip Bayless said it was silly because it was just a game that the starters quit. Pretty bland.

They misquoted Zorn. They made it seem like Zorn planned to play the starters a significant amount of time.

Zorn actually said the following: (from By Gary Fitzgerald Redskins.com

Posted: August 27, 2008 )

"It won’t be much more than the first series," Zorn said. "It depends on how the series goes. I don’t think I want to bring them back out, but you never know."

It not surprising that ESPN would kind of bash us, but i heard the same sentiments last night from our own local sports media. We played the starters in the final preseason game last year. I'm sure plenty of other teams will play their starters. But, somehow when we play our starters in the final preseason game we're reinventing the wheel.:doh:

the players seem to be reacting ok to the situation....

I dont think they mind playing one series.... if they dont mind and it will help with confidence and mental preparedness I say go for it....

I will be holding my breath everytime portis carries the ball and Jason drops back...

the players seem to be reacting ok to the situation....

I dont think they mind playing one series.... if they dont mind and it will help with confidence and mental preparedness I say go for it....

I will be holding my breath everytime portis carries the ball and Jason drops back...

I do believe the starters said they WANTED to play.

I don't mind the Offense playing. They have looked progressively worse and I can understand Zorn wanting to try to get some kind of positive momentum heading into New York.

The Defense is fine. They were good last week until the Betts fumble and subsequent Taylor injury. At that point they basically gave up.

Archived